Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys.. i've heard lots of ppl ranting and raving about the

Yokohama AVS ES100's.. are they pretty good on grip and road noise? I'm running on Yoko Paradas spec1 right now and well they are a bit noisy..

or should I just go get the Bridgestone S-03 pole positions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
S-03s are the best out of your choices hands down, I dunno the price diff of them compared to the others but I havent seen another tire that can beat it. Yes Ive heard parada2s are LOUD, RE730s are a little louder than the stock RE92s from what Ive heard, I havent heard anything about yokohamas tho. If you havent tirerack.com has all the reviews and such

·
Registered
175 Posts
I like the new RE730 on my car. They aren't that much louder than stock and the grip is pretty good..... at least compared to stock. I'm sure the S-03's are way better but you'd have to spring the extra 25 bucks a tire.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The Yokohama Paradas are bascially your show turner tires but provide pretty good traction. IMO, the Yokohama AVS ES100 are a better choice than the Yoko Parada Spec IIs. If you have the money, S-03 would be the prefered choice.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
i also heard that the avs es100 are better.any tires like the paradas s*ck big nuts.they suck in the rain and tread wear sucks because of the tread pattern.especially if your car is dropped.On the paradas, there are more tread on the outside...

·
Estoy Tranquilo
3,864 Posts
If you got last months issue of SCC (with the 300zx on the cover), they did a comparison of the ES100 and the Parada-Spec2. Basically they said that they ES100 is better than the old Yoko-Intermediate, but it is still not sticky enough. They also said that the Parada-Spec2 is stickier than the old Parada, but it is still a show tire.

·
I kerned the Serif
741 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts