Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pulled over last night for my clear side markers. I'm getting a bit tired of being pulled over in this car. I get pulled over for tint, smoked license plate cover, and now this. I did a search, and couldn't come up with anything. Does anyone know who sells yellow side marker bulbs? I have polarg's in there now, but I guess I better get rid of them, or go back to just having the yellow lenses in there.
Thanks for the help.

------------------
Life begins at 5,000RPM

G

·
I found yellow bulbs at Wal-Mart. $3 or so.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
APC makes them

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
#550/2500
OEM body kit
JDM fogs and blue valve cover
Happy luding

·
Registered
82 Posts
Forgot who.. but wasn't Guiddy or someone from UK had a post earlier abouthow to make your own silver bulb but with clear yellow coating on it.. so when it's on, you see yellow, and when it's off, you don't see any thing?

Those looks much better then just plan old yellow bulbs man...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ferrd: What up with your Lauderdale cops man? I mean I've had them on for 2 years and haven't got pulled for them once. I didn't even know that they were illegal. Geez. Anyway you can get the 168 in Amber at Pep Boys.

------------------
Yum, VW GTIs for breakfast lunch and dinner...

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
I found yellow bulbs at Wal-Mart. $3 or so.</font>
i got mine from pepboys, around $2.5. i think it's size 194 or something according to ywwong.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
BEECH! :D Your a corrupt mod I tell ya! :D ........You're my hero :D</font>

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I picked them up at pep boys today. He pulled me over, and told me it was a federal law to have the side markers be yellow. I was cool with him, but asked why. His reply was "they need to be yellow so that we can tell which end of the car is the front". How many of you guys drive 40mph down a street backwards???? So, i said I would change it, and he let me have the ticket anyway. Cops down in Ft. Lauderdale are real pricks. In my old car, the cop pulled me over for my tint being too dark, and actually wanted to scrape off the tint right there with a razor blade.

------------------
Life begins at 5,000RPM

·
Registered
648 Posts
That's BS man...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">His reply was "they need to be yellow so that we can tell which end of the car is the front".</font>
Don't Accords and 4th gen ludes have the marker on the REAR bumper? How would they tell that that is the front of the car then?

Even after you said you'd remove it he still gave you the ticket? Man - just burns me up. Does it say which law you broke on the ticket?

------------------
Yum, VW GTIs for breakfast lunch and dinner...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eatsgti:
That's BS man...

Don't Accords and 4th gen ludes have the marker on the REAR bumper? How would they tell that that is the front of the car then?

</font>

actually what the cop said was true. rear side markers should be red. front should be yellow. applies to almost all cars. and it really is for telling which way a car is "facing" not "going"... there is a difference. im sure there r also other qualified colors for side markers but thats the common combo.

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 17, 2001).]

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll post the details on the law I broke when I get home. The ticket is on my desk. I tried my hardest not to start laughing when he told me about knowing which way the car was going.

------------------
Life begins at 5,000RPM

·
Registered
304 Posts
Federal law???
Umm..I could be wrong but DMV laws are decided at the state level, not the federal ones. That's why some states will have 65 mph speed limits on interstate, HW's and some like NJ (up until recently and parts of 295 still are) are 55. Cop had his head in his a$$. Stand up for your rights and find out you local law. If what he said was untrue, take the shiot to court. I hate hearing these kind of stories,really pisses me off

------------------
97 black lude 5sp stock

·
Registered
304 Posts
And if "front side markers were suppose to be yellow all the time" how do explain euro-spec side markers (VW's come to mind) which have the clear side marker high on the front fender.

·
Registered
164 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JoyseeVtec:
And if "front side markers were suppose to be yellow all the time" how do explain euro-spec side markers (VW's come to mind) which have the clear side marker high on the front fender. </font>
but the bulb is amber.
there is absolutely no new car that comes with clear bulb sidemarkers in the US from the factory. the housing of the sidemarker unit may be clear like the european cars, but theyre bulbs are always the appropriate color. same applies to clear corners up front. even though theyre clear in japan and europe, the bulbs are always amber or yellow from the factory.

------------------
Eddie
[email protected] - the fastest teg with a broken clutch
that made it to the end of the 1320

DarkAngel RS (AIM)
mailto: [email protected]
94 Integra RS NOTEC sedan
www.hondaclub.com
Hybrid Forum Moderator
Off-Topic Moderator

My Baby other than my car:

touch her and i'll kick your ass :D

March 10 was a wonderful day

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just called a friend of mine who is a cop, and was told this. I am allowed to have the clear side marker, just as long as at night it shines yellow. 95SIR is right. I can not think of a car that comes with clear side markers, and clear or white bulbs. The bulbs are all yellow, or amber. I'm just going to pay the stuipd ticket, and hope that the police don't decide that the paint of my Lude doesn't shine in a way that lets others know that it is not upside down or something

ps...I'll try to scan that ticket tonight for all to see

------------------
Life begins at 5,000RPM

·
Registered
304 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 95SiR:
but the bulb is amber.
there is absolutely no new car that comes with clear bulb sidemarkers in the US from the factory. the housing of the sidemarker unit may be clear like the european cars, but theyre bulbs are always the appropriate color. same applies to clear corners up front. even though theyre clear in japan and europe, the bulbs are always amber or yellow from the factory.

</font>
okok...i see - but still that is not federal law..its state law

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ferrd:
How many of you guys drive 40mph down a street backwards????
</font>
you should have asked him this.

i think i have everyone beat. i got my bulbs at target for $1.94.

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
AFAIK certain Ford Tauruses and a LOT of semi-luxury 80's Chryslers had clear side markers.

------------------

When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Look at the Chrysler Fifth Avenue - it's got clear sides, not yellow.

------------------

When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

1 - 20 of 24 Posts