Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
former luder
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has 135k on it, and this is new. I opened the hood to check my oil, and I noticed the paint on the valve cover is starting to flake away. Not severely, but if I help it with my finger, it comes off! This is all stock, by the way. My car has never overheated (that I know of). Has this happened to anybody else? WTF?! ???
-Dan

·
Registered
319 Posts
My car has 135k on it, and this is new. I opened the hood to check my oil, and I noticed the paint on the valve cover is starting to flake away. Not severely, but if I help it with my finger, it comes off! This is all stock, by the way. My car has never overheated (that I know of). Has this happened to anybody else? WTF?! ???
-Dan
its common, especially if youre talking about a 10 year old car. luckily its not hard to freshen up. I took it a little further and shaved the letters off and had it powder coated gunmetal and it lucks beautimous.

get some aircraft remover (that stuff isnt a joke it could really remove an aircraft), some brushes, some high temp paint. many light coats later and it will look great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts