Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a front lip for my Black Pearl '00 Lude. Honda dealership cracked mine on the hydraulic lift and its completely gone. If anyone is selling theirs, please let me know. PM or reply. I would prefer OEM and Mugen, but open to other suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! I was able to grab a factory painted one from them for $214 shipped. Not bad considering the cost of painting an aftermarket lip. Great advice. I lucked out since Honda stopped manufacturing them, they only had my color and the blue one left in stock. SCORE!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crap. I got too excited, lol. They only black they had was Flamenco black (97-99 Ludes) and I have a 2000 (nighthawk pearl black). Will it look waaay off?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a long story and I'll spare you the details, but this one is coming out of my pocket, believe it or not. I think I'll just slap it on and see how it looks. How much different can black look.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's such a small piece and low down, I doubt you'll notice any difference in
color. I have a Flamenco Black lip on my Ficus Green Pearl car and it actually
doesn't look terrible, since it's practically gloss black (very little flake.) At
night, I can barely even tell it's a different color!

Don't worry, I'm going to paint it as soon as I drive around for a while and I'm
sure I don't need to raise my car! There's no point in wasting money on paint
if I'm just going to end up scraping it off ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to have the GREDDY lip (snowplow as I called it) and it always scraped coming outta the driveways and when parking (had to be extra careful). Does the OEM front lip sit higher? Is it gonna give me more clearance? My car is stock height, not lowered.

·
Registered
142 Posts
From what I recall when installing it, the OEM lip extends the front bumper
about 1.5-2" out and 1.5-2" down...give or take...not too much, but noticeable.

My car is on Neuspeed sport springs (I don't recommend really...) and Koni
"Yellows" on the middle perch. I haven't had any issues of scraping, and have
even seen that the lip LOOKS like it will clear some parking spot barriers. I
haven't pulled in far enough to be sure, since I don't normally do that anyway.
:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts