Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am looking to buy a Blue valve cover, if you have one or know a dependable site to purchase from let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
just paint it yourself it costs about $30 tops in tools/paint if you dont have anything at all. takes about two hours or longer depending on how much prep you wanna put into it.

·
Bixenon is my way of life
360 Posts
i have an SiR Blue ValveCover, but it has some flaking on the paint. You can touch it up and will be good to go. Bought this for 180 + shipping but i'll let it go for 100 +shipping. lmk i'll give you pictures

·
Registered
33 Posts
Self etching primer is the way to go. That ****'s great, never fails to work. Go over it a bit before hand with some sand paper just to help out.

First thing you would want to do is spray it with some parts cleaner or something of that form (brake cleaner will cut through damn near anything). Soak it, rinse it, dry it. Etch it with the sand paper. Spray it off with some water, wipe it down, leave it for a bit to dry.

Cork/Mask/Remove any connections their may be on the thing (wiring connectors anything like that, any where a hose connects, etc). Spray the first coat (do not get greedy, light coats is the way to go). Just keep applying light coats until it's all covered. Whether you do the inside or not is up to you. Just means more paint, but lessens the chance of chipping.

Then for the paint just make sure you do light coats with it as well to make sure it comes out looking good. Also, if you spray to thick, the pain looks like piss, and drys like it too, meaning it won't stand up as well to scratching and things like that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Autozone or Advanced auto should have self etching primer. If you want to wait a few hours I'll go out to my garage and see what brand it is I use. Buy all your paint from one of those two stores unless you can get the same brand cheaper some where else, in which case the common sense thing to do is to buy it at the cheaper place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts