Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
he would be "ok", but i think its been agreed that hood pins are the safest route. If i got one i wouldnt really want hoodpins, but i'd rather be safe than sorry. I drive alot on the highway.

------------------

(.Y.) -You Like Boobs eh?
www.importheart.com

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hood pins are more of a peace of mind thing...I have them on my car and i'm glad i have them, cuz more often than not on the freeway, the hood starts flapping because wind gets trapped under the hood.

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
Mugen replica body kit (Front bumper getting repaired)
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Injen Intake, Racing medallion Exhaust
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I have seen a handful of FiberImages hoods up close on various cars (but not on a Prelude) and I must say, the fit wasn't flush, or even close to flush with the fenders. I agree to get some hood pins also.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mine didn't fit, but I have yet to try and adjust the fit, so that's on me.
You will need hood pins, but try using some factory weatherstripping/seals the attach to the hood and fit between the hood and headlights, first. Without the seals both sides of my hood would lift almost 1 inch at both sides at 60 mph. So you know you have to do something.

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
As a seller of CF hoods, this is what I tell my customers: fitment varies from car to car, hood to hood (or kit to kit if I'm selling kits) This holds true. FI is supposed to be one of the better CF hood makers, but even they have problems.

SAM

·
Registered
211 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nEeD4sPeEdLuDe:
The one my bro is getting for his car comes with hood latches.Would he still need to install hood pins or would he be ok.

thanks
</font>
I have a FiberImages CF hood on my 4th Gen...There are two types from FiberImages...The OEM/Direct replacement type that uses your stock latch and the racing hood skin type that requires hood pins... the racing hood skin is lighter since it does not have the under support. The direct replacement hood is a little bit heavier, but is a lot sturdier and does have the underhood frame support...this one uses your stock hood latch. From personal experience, if you have the direct replacement FiberImages hood, you will not need hood pins...I've never had any flapping problems with this hood at high speeds...hope this helps...

------------------
//935 Wiked Draggers
San Diego, CA
http://www.935draggers.com

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DYI01:
am i the only person who doesnt have problems with my CF hood ???

</font>
you spent a LONG ASS TIME making it fit right! haha...oh yea lets lay your hood on my car
c'mon!

------------------
David [email protected]

ICQ UIN: 4310950
AOL SN: Poena97

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99prelude:
you spent a LONG ASS TIME making it fit right! haha...oh yea lets lay your hood on my car
c'mon!

</font>
99prelude - you got any more pics of your car? specifically your seats?

·
Registered
983 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
99prelude - you got any more pics of your car? specifically your seats?

</font>
Yeah, stop teasing us with the RECARO pic

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
Mugen replica body kit (Front bumper getting repaired)
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Injen Intake, Racing medallion Exhaust
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

·
12,807 Posts

·
12,807 Posts
pter...if you read 935draglude's post above, you would have read this:

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 935DragLude:
I have a FiberImages CF hood on my 4th Gen...There are two types from FiberImages...The OEM/Direct replacement type that uses your stock latch and the racing hood skin type that requires hood pins... the racing hood skin is lighter since it does not have the under support. The direct replacement hood is a little bit heavier, but is a lot sturdier and does have the underhood frame support...this one uses your stock hood latch. From personal experience, if you have the direct replacement FiberImages hood, you will not need hood pins...I've never had any flapping problems with this hood at high speeds...hope this helps...

</font>

------------------

·-÷• [email protected] •÷-·
'*·-÷• HA Chat ·-=-· Prelude FAQ •÷-·*'
'•A music video my woman appeared in•'

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pter:
Can anyone see if the hoods have the underhood structure? Doesn't look like it's there, but I can't tell.</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Take a look at the testing videos on this site
http://www.fiberimages.com/welcome.htm
Very interesting.
</font>
Look around their site. They even show a Prelude hood.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts