Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be installing an 5 channel amp pretty soon... can anyone post some pics on a 5th gen lude where they went through the firewall to get to the battery.

I looked everywhere for a decent hole.. and cant find one.. or I think its unsafe. Drilling... :eek:

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
If you take the cruise control unit out, there will be a grommet to get inside right under it

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
i dunno about 5th gens, but in 4th gens if you remove the fuse box in the engine bay, there is a pretty big grommet on the firewall that enters the car a little bit above the blower.

·
Registered
777 Posts
G_Loc said:
i dunno about 5th gens, but in 4th gens if you remove the fuse box in the engine bay, there is a pretty big grommet on the firewall that enters the car a little bit above the blower.
exactly where i ran mine, i took the rubber grommet out and drilled it until icould just barely fit the 4gauge wire through then sealed for water proofing, prolly over board, but eh, had it laying around so why not?

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
I bought a rubber grommet and drilled a hole just big enough for the wire to go through right near the steering column. Just make sure you don't drill through anything on the other side.

·
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Cameron
for the picture.

what part of SC you live?

·
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked at my fuse box up on the firewall.. and I still cant see a decent hole through the firewall there.

Can anyone with a 5thgen please snap a picture of where they drilled through the firewall or found a hole for the power wire for their amps. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts