Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I was wondering, how similar the wings west RS and the OEM kit are. To me, everything looks exactly the same except for the front lip. I heard that the side skirts are EXACTLY the same and that there are absolutely no differences. I'm not exacty sure about the rear lip, but from what I have seen, they look to be very similar. Do any of you know if it is true that the Wings West RS kit is exactly the same as the OEM kit except for the lip? If it's true, it'd save me a ton of cash and time since it is so damn hard to find the OEM kit right now for a reasonable price. Also, would anyone have close up pics of the two rear lips so I can compare?

Jimmy

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
thats a big negative the sides flare out much more and the rear does flare out a lot more. Doesnt look as clean as an OEM kit IMO. Go find pictures the difference is really obvious

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
the rs kit flares out way more....especially in the rear

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
the rear of the rs kit is fugly. it looks like the prelude is wearing a miniskirt. Besides the flaring that everyone is talking about, the RS sides and rear go lower than the OEM skirts as well. Same for the front lip. The RS kit is just more aggressive all around than the oem kit.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
phayze one said:
RS kit in my sig. It's like an OEM kit on steroids.
hahahaha. That is a good anomoly. I'm just trying to sound smart...I dunno how to spell anomoly...or if anomoly is the right word to use...but OEM kit on steroids is a good term for the RS kit.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I agree that that WW kit is much more agressive. They OEM kit and Mugen sides and rear is the best looking way to go if you ask me.

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
I think the OEM is too boring and plain, though it'd be perfect for a sleeper to add a little bit of flair. :bithumb:

·
no diggity
1,127 Posts
ZMonkey11 said:

hahahaha. That is a good anomoly. I'm just trying to sound smart...I dunno how to spell anomoly...or if anomoly is the right word to use...but OEM kit on steroids is a good term for the RS kit.:bigthumb:
simile ;)

·
I want to be a raper
2,766 Posts
silverbullit2K1 said:
Actually, I think he meant analogy. :bigthumb:
:bigthumb: agreed

lol the rest of u prelude owners need to learn your vocabulary LOL

an anomaly is an occurence outside of the norm

·
Registered
573 Posts
yea OEM and RS look really different you CAN tell a difference, but i'd say from what i've heard that don't get the RS rear i've heard some complaints on it, but i like the OEM sides and rear, but RS lip in the front, just my 2 cents.

·
no diggity
1,127 Posts
ice1cube said:

:bigthumb: agreed

lol the rest of u prelude owners need to learn your vocabulary LOL

an anomaly is an occurence outside of the norm
analogy wouldn't be the proper term to describe what he was saying though. technically, neither would simile--which is a comparison using the terms 'like' or 'as'.

if you said, the RS kit is like the OEM kit on steroids, it's a simile.
if you said, the RS kit is the OEM kit on steroids, it's a metaphor.
if you said, the OEM kit is to the RS kit as a rabbit is to a lion(hence more aggressive), it would be an analogy.

I need to get a life.

Bottom line: OEM is more suble than RS :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
the oem looks so much cleaner than the rs, def. gets my vote.

i have some scratches on my bumper so i would prolly just go w/ mugen bumper now.... they look hot too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts