Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windshield are so much scratches and marks and lately it's getting on my nerves, during the night when there's a car coming I can't barely see the road anymore.

I remember seeing a thread about someone wet sanding/polishing some 5th gen headlight to make them look like new again and I was wondering if doing the same thing on it would make it look new again. Anybody tried that yet? I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper than getting a new windshield

·
Registered
777 Posts
new windshields aren't that expensive, just make sure you get a good seal, search google.com i found a quote for about 230 installed from 89glass.com or something like that

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
They do make windshield polishing compounds, but they are for high power buffers, not by hand. I would never attepmt something like this without knowing what you are doing.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Deepmist said:

On my policy I have to have a dollar long crack.

I bet my window is worse.

nothing that throwing a beer bottle or a rock at wont take care of. Throw a rock at it, and say it fell off a truck?!?! to bad my insurance doesn't have that coverage, because that really happened, stupid truck, i got the license number but not much i can do :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I was thinking... the thing is I don't really want to pay to get a new windshield right now and I can probably live with it until it break by itself. And trying to put that on the insurance is not a good idea either since I'm already paying enough as it is and I'm already supposed to pay over 40% in september... So I'll live with it until it breaks or something.

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
Or just give me your addy and I can come over in the middle of the night and break it for you. You can just blame it on some neighborhood hooligans :laugh: :bigthumb:

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
great idea....i had really bad scratches on my grand cherokee....i just dealt with it altho it was a biatch at night..now i got one on my lude...grrrrr

·
Registered
2,673 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
When I lived in Vallejo, I called a place in Oakland (forget name), and b/c the dude was Filipino, had family in my neighborhood, and b/c I said "Salamat," he gave me the windshield w/ install for 170...

J

1 - 12 of 12 Posts