Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made an insurance claim to have my windsheild replaced, and didnt go to honda, bad mistake I think. The work they did was ****ty as hell, and I had them come out to fix it, and its still really F'ed up. I called my inssurance company, and they are having the same company come out and replace it again. If it doesnt turn out the next time, what do I do? I should have went to Honda and had them do it. What do you guys think.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Why did you do it thru insurance? It is going to go up........
I had mine replaced for $225, w/ no probs whats so ever. They replaced all gaskets and moldings to OEM spec.

I would call other shops that have done Hondas b4.
But if your insurance is paying for it then just go to Honda.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Man...what can I say... My insurance company sent someone out and my front window leaks when its raining hard. Pretty sad. Oh well... i'll just throw a rock at it and say it got chipped.. haha.. j/k

--Sam

·
Roar!
665 Posts
If your insurance went up for gettn your windshield replaced sumthin is wrong with your insurance company.
Staate Farm only has a $100 deductible.
Im waitin for my window to die, I can barely see through it but
none of the knicks or scratches qualify under the dollar long crack rule yet. :(
Better than spending 500.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Deductables vary from policy to policy. $100 dedeuctables do not apply to everyone.
Most claims no matter small or large will increase your insurance. I would ask your agent b4 trying to make a claim and see if it is worth it.
Personally, I would just pay from my pocket for something small and let the insurance take care of major stuff

·
Roar!
665 Posts
showoff said:
Deductables vary from policy to policy. $100 dedeuctables do not apply to everyone.
Most claims no matter small or large will increase your insurance. I would ask your agent b4 trying to make a claim and see if it is worth it.
Personally, I would just pay from my pocket for something small and let the insurance take care of major stuff
The only thing that boosts my insurance is tickets and accidents.
Wen i'm at fualt of course.

My families had cars that have been hit and repaired, windows replaced and i dunno what else. These have never increased our pament numbers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Deepmist said:
If your insurance went up for gettn your windshield replaced sumthin is wrong with your insurance company.
Staate Farm only has a $100 deductible.
Im waitin for my window to die, I can barely see through it but
none of the knicks or scratches qualify under the dollar long crack rule yet. :(
Better than spending 500.
I had my windshield replaced about a year ago when a rock slightly chipped it ,probably about the size of a pencil eraser. Anywho the guy that came to my house to replace it just barely pushed on the chip and the crack grew like 5 inches, pushed again and it grew like another couple inches I was like:eek:. So just go outside and push on one of your knicks maybe it will do the same. By the way I signed the bill for the windshield and it was like $350, however I didn't pay $.01 thanks to Florida law.

·
Roar!
665 Posts
BlahYadaGT said:

I had my windshield replaced about a year ago when a rock slightly chipped it ,probably about the size of a pencil eraser. Anywho the guy that came to my house to replace it just barely pushed on the chip and the crack grew like 5 inches, pushed again and it grew like another couple inches I was like:eek:. So just go outside and push on one of your knicks maybe it will do the same. By the way I signed the bill for the windshield and it was like $350, however I didn't pay $.01 thanks to Florida law.
Heh i have a super-shield. My friends and I have been thinkin about tryin some ice and a hair dryer. I have pushed on and hit the cracks in my windshield with no results. and i dont hit soft.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts