Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice whenever my window is rolled down and I go over a little bump it will rattle both windows do this, anyone have a remedy for this , oh yes I can move my window if it is rolled down so is there some way of tightening the window?

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
Happens to me too. It's so annoying can't figure out how to fix it.

·
ANGER IS A GIFT!
4,481 Posts
Is your window rolled down just a little bit or all the way??

My window, when rolled down just a little, rattles because the knob in the window rattles in the track.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Mine does it too. It doesn't matter if it is rolled half way dow or most of the way down it will rattle. It doesn't do it if it is rolled down all the way.

I'm interested in a remedy also!

Mark

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
Mine rattles too, when it's down by a couple of inches or so. Wind it down another couple of inches and it's fine. It's annoying when I'm smoking and only want the window open a little...

·
one day...
794 Posts
mine does the same, rattles when partially down, but its fine when all the way down. i figured something is loose, but haven't gotten around to removing my door panel to look around yet.

·
Registered
777 Posts
HAHA sounds like a common problem, mine rattles too, expecially when the window is down and i close the door. Kinda sounds like junkie to me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine rattles as well when it's partially down.

·
Registered
956 Posts
mine does it to. when rolled down a little

also... does anyone else have a like... click sound when they stop or accelerator.. liek something is in both doors? and both doors have a piece that has fallen off?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
This is a very common problem. I have it too. Not until recently though, something has got to be worn out.

P.S. REPOST! ;)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I think the better question is, who DOESN'T have this problem??? any 96 luders maybe?... I have the same prob :(

·
KG6TWI
1,796 Posts
The Fix!!

This worked on my 1984 Prelude w/ manual windows, but I cant imagine the 4G's being much different.

Remove the door panel, and you'll see the window track.
Looks like a "C" channel the edges of the window slide up and down in.
When your at Home Depot picking up a front lip, head over to the window section and get some thin weather stripping with a single adhesive side. Its gray, about an 1/8" think and 1/4" wide.
With the window up, stick that stuff on the track, on the inside-sides of the track. You should still be able to see where the factory rubber stuff was.

Also make sure the window is glued onto the bottom channel good and tight. A liberal application of silicone sealer might work on the bottom channel.

One more thing, if the 'squeegy' looking part, right where the window goes into the door(the part your arm touches when you have your hand out the window) is loose, you window will rattle.

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
Crate said:
mine does it to. when rolled down a little

also... does anyone else have a like... click sound when they stop or accelerator.. liek something is in both doors? and both doors have a piece that has fallen off?
I remember we talked about this a while back, mine still does it!! One day I'll take the door panels off and fix both these probs, but for now I just turn the stereo up :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts