Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend from work just picked up his new TL TypeS last Friday. So I brought in my camera to work today and went out to the parking deck with tape measure in hand...

2002 Aegean Blue Pearl Acura TL Type-S! Very nice! Too bad you can only get the black leather on the blue. I think this blue with tan leather would be sweet...

Here's the TL TypeS driving lamp. Very niiice. has a silver trim ring around the outside edge. It looks almost like a projector type lamp. His didn't seem to fit right. Look how the rt hand corner is popped out. But will it fit?...

No.
Here's the front facia opening on my Prelude. No Dice. The height and curvature and angles of the TLS lamp assembly are perfect. But the TL lamp is almost exactly 2" too long to fit...

Andrew

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
i'd much rather have that 3 that's parked next to it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aklucsarits:
...2002 Aegean Blue Pearl Acura TL Type-S! Very nice! Too bad you can only get the black leather on the blue. I think this blue with tan leather would be sweet...
Andrew
</font>

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
i'd much rather have that 3 that's parked next to it.

</font>
There are lots of nice cars where I work. My car is a pile of crap compared to many cars there...
I'd rather have this gem I found parked in the corner this morning...

TT Supra, 18" Enkei RP-01s(?), TRD spoiler, HKS Super-dragger exhaust, and some sort of brake upgrade. I also spied a turbo timer and some other black box (boost controller?) in the cockpit. Today was the first time I've ever seen it here...

Andrew

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
that's a really clean supra. looks great except for the spoiler.

every once in a while i venture into the garage under the building we're in, just to see the fleets of m5s, 540s, 750s, 911s of all stripes, sl500s and sl600s, etc etc etc - the only people who aren't bothered paying almost $40/day for parking and are too snooty to ride the subways.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aklucsarits:
There are lots of nice cars where I work. My car is a pile of crap compared to many cars there...
I'd rather have this gem I found parked in the corner this morning...

TT Supra, 18" Enkei RP-01s(?), TRD spoiler, HKS Super-dragger exhaust, and some sort of brake upgrade. I also spied a turbo timer and some other black box (boost controller?) in the cockpit. Today was the first time I've ever seen it here...

Andrew

</font>

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I drove my dads 01 S600 today, and i must say, its different from the 2.2 I-4.

ray

------------------

www.importheart.com
Whos your DelTapywa?
I got these Jammies.

[This message has been edited by 2kLuder (edited April 18, 2001).]

·
Registered
622 Posts

Looks like the TL fogs might fit in the turn signal area... of course some filing of the bumper near top left and maybe tuck the protruding right side into the bumper...

Now the question is, price.. Anyone wanna be a guinea pig?

White98SH

·
Registered
983 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by White98SH:

Looks like the TL fogs might fit in the turn signal area... of course some filing of the bumper near top left and maybe tuck the protruding right side into the bumper...

White98SH
</font>
Hey that's a cool effect, how did you do that? wanna send me the prog?

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
Mugen replica body kit (Front bumper getting repaired)
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Injen Intake, Racing medallion Exhaust
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

·
Registered
622 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jigglybutt:
Hey that's a cool effect, how did you do that? wanna send me the prog?

</font>
It's an animated gif made in Adobe Imageready... you can prolly find a program to do the same thing on www.download.com ...

White98SH

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts

White98SH
</font>
Why would anyone want to do this though?? Makes no sense. Clear the signal and you're good.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey guys, anyone of you ever think about the 92-93 Integra Turn Signal lights as an exact match for that bottom? The shape looks the same. Why you would do it is beyond me. If you're willing to tinker, I bet you can turn the turn-signal assembly into a fog-lamp set up. I've thought about this, how likely i'm gonna do it is eh, i don't know. So i thought i'd share.

G

·
I don't think any other cars turn signals will fit in a 5th gens...nothing will fit perfect and if it did, why would you switch em unless they're like HID turn signals, it's all gonna look the same.

------------------

·
Registered
622 Posts
Why? Well I have JDM fogs and clear signals already... but I like how the TL fogs look and I'm not too happy about the light output of the JDM fogs... even before I got them I made foglights out of my stock signals... too bad they melted.

TL fogs mounted there would be a more effective driving lamp and retain a near stock look. What can I say, I drive a lot at night (~80% of the time) and like lots of light.

But oh well, I'll prolly never do it... just wanted to see if it could be done.

White98SH

·
retired
7,431 Posts

there you go
</font>
ALL RIGHT! i'm off to a good start!! now if i could get 34,999 more people to send me a penny!!

------------------
97 Black Lude, 5spd
AIM: SADWAP97

1 - 20 of 26 Posts