Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
people suck.
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a spoon one.

part#: 37760-EK9-G00

anyhoo, i did a serch and came up with the mugen one not fitting, but im not sure about the spoon one, the treads where pretty old. The box says "All Models", its new, and i checked the spoon website, and it says "All models".

So,
1, either spoon STILL doesnt know that this does not fit the prelude, or just doesnt care to address it OR
2, this is a new one that magically fits all hondas......

what do you guys think?

·
people suck.
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks shcrk....just kind of wierd how it didnt fit the prelude....but now its still universal? or is the mugen on strictly a prelude switch.

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
The Prelude thermostat housing is NOT the same as other Hondas. Spoon's description is definitely suspicious and I would call them on it. IIRC, the Spoon model didn't fit either. Other PO members have confirmed that the "new" Mugen switch fits, but I have not heard anything about the new Spoon.

I hope you're also installing a lower temp t-stat that matches the fan switch settings...because they need to be properly matched.

Just a note of caution... the "old" Spoon t-stat/fan switch was rated at a "lower" temp than the Mugen, and some people were having problems warming up their engines. Research this before you install it.

·
people suck.
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the spoon def. doesnt fit...i dont know about the mugen one....my dealer says they are exactly the same.....

·
Bunk Spec.
1,062 Posts
The part # is for the EK Civic. From what I heard there is no Spoon H22A thermoswitch. People had to retap their thermostat housing to fit the S2K one tho. And the H22A Mugen switch/thermostat is out now. I believe Modern Angel has the combo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts