Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
minus the atts of course, cause I would not be able to get that working.

Would it be a direct fit, does anyone have an idea?

I want the closer gearing the vtec box has, thats if I can get it for the right deal.

Any help would be appreciate'd greatly!

------------------
'93 Black Si Lude (h23 power'd)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts
guys, this **** is mine.

------------------
My Prelude! The patented multi-jumping makes you crazy sprinter and spin happy!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Luder-xhpx:
minus the atts of course, cause I would not be able to get that working.

Would it be a direct fit, does anyone have an idea?

I want the closer gearing the vtec box has, thats if I can get it for the right deal.

Any help would be appreciate'd greatly!

</font>
Should. That's the best I can do. Haven't heard of anyone actually doing it yet. The tranny numbers on the '97 were the same (they shared transmissions between base and SH). In '98 the SH went to a higher-capacity (oil) tranny (more heat?).

Knowing what I know about the two generations, I can't see why one wouldn't bolt up. I'd suspect the only reasons they have differed in the past are gear ratios and improvements. The front suspension and unit body (with the exception of stiffening) is the same on the 4th and 5th gens. The worst thing that may happen is you need a new mount.
 
G

·
Just out of curiousity, why wouldn't a Quaife fit the SH then? I remember Ryan said that he couldn't use a Quaife in his SH (then again, it was a 99).

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Just out of curiousity, why wouldn't a Quaife fit the SH then? I remember Ryan said that he couldn't use a Quaife in his SH (then again, it was a 99).
</font>
Good point. Might be like the block then- same part numbers, different parts. But the '97 model did share tranny numbers- check the manual.

In that case I'd like to reverse my previous suspicion : )
 
G

·
Interesting. I will check the numbers tonight. I remember the diff numbers being different, but the tranny assembly numbers are the same??? I wonder why the hell honda would do things like that....

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So... the general consensus says it should work most likely.

Thanx for the input!

------------------
'93 Black Si Lude (h23 power'd)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Luder-xhpx:
So... the general consensus says it should work most likely.

Thanx for the input!

</font>
I'd hold off on that assumption. Since the diff won't swap I'd say there is something different. Billy should be able to see it in the parts manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well after reading another thread about the sh tranny, I am curious if it is really a different housing that bolts to motor cause atts or what?

Anyone know for sure if the sh tranny is that different, that it would not fit a like a non-sh tranny?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top