Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if i can interchange body part from an 88-91 to an 85-87 prelude si. I am refering to the hood and lights. I likt the way the 88-91 hood and lights look and would like to put it on my 87 prelude si.

·
Registered
245 Posts
no the demitions are compleatly different the fenders won't match....your front clip is more like the accord of that time with the pop-up lights...sorry man..hey do you know if the accord of that time has interchangeable parts?the accord i am speaking of i think is 86 or 87-89 or 90...if they do i have a couple parts you may be interested in...let me know (i had an 87 accord)

·
Registered
245 Posts
ok sorry about that i looked up the parts to see if interchangeable.and i have a set of rotors that will fit your car.. they are ebc turbo groove..they were used in my accord i also have a set of eibach sportline springs but when i looked at the part numbers they were off by a cuple so the parts should be close but not exact and they may work...if your intrested let me know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey forget about it, i found a 89 prelude that i am going to take a look at on tuesday. Do you know of any common problem i should look for????thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
leaking p/s pump seal (look for oil line under the hood)
bouncing speedo needle (fix by replaceing lower speedo cable)
exhust manifold raddle around 2000-3000 rpm.(fix by replaceing the manifold with a hedder or special inner tube outter tube weld)
if you end up not getting the lude i'll sell bolth parts(springs and rotors) for 200 obo + shipping

1 - 6 of 6 Posts