Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
0_0
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really really want to get the SSR competitions, but they only come in 17x8 +48 offest. Is there anyone out there running 8" wide rims?? They also come in 17x7.5, +42 offset. Which one would be the better choice to get??

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
AAARRGGGGHHH :[ Why does everyone want SSR Competitions now that I'm going to get 'em?

Yeah, they should fit. I grilled tirerack about quite a bit, and most people here think they'll fit, even if lowered a bit.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
NO! You cannot have them!

They're mine and mine alone!

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/DisplayWheel.jsp?wheelMake=SSR&wheelModel=Competition&wheelFinish=Anthracite+w%2FMach+Lip

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by prelude2005:
what do they look like?</font>

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

G

·
Spite, how long until you get the SSR Competitions? I really want to know if 8 inch wide rims fit, as I REALLY want 15 x 8 inch TE37s.

Thanks!

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
0_0
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehe...sorry spite, i was gonna get the te37s but too many people have those already and trying to get them in gunmetal is gonna burn a giant hole in my wallet.

And i want gunmetal/anthracite wheels to go with my cf hood, and the ssr's are the only other ones i like. Its ok though....your all the way up in canada...no need to worry about seein me with your wheels

G

·
Does SSR make a 15 x 8 with about 45 to 50mm offset?? Tire Rack only lists a 15 x 7.5.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Actually it will be a while. I was planning on doing it this year but I think I may be forced to put down most of the money towards paying off the car. It's still possible, but if it happens... I'm looking at late summer.

[edit] Er... hmm... I don't know if they make 15x7.5 - Jimmy Mugen (James Chan) would be the guy to ask. I remember the wheel weight guide had pretty much every SSR Competition measured, but that site is down
I feel stupid for not saving it

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Spite, how long until you get the SSR Competitions? I really want to know if 8 inch wide rims fit, as I REALLY want 15 x 8 inch TE37s.

Thanks!

</font>

[This message has been edited by spite (edited April 28, 2001).]

·
0_0
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm...tirerack lists 205/45/17 tires for the 17x8 ssr's. Isn't 205 a little too small for 8" wide tires??? I thought it should be 215/40/17 or 225/40/17??

G

·
I know that they make a 15 x 8 TE37 (+45mm offset), already checked!!

The thing I am worried about is brake clearance. I think that the SSR might actually have better brake caliper clearance.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

1 - 11 of 11 Posts