Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two wierd noise things happening, and was wondering if someone can identify them.

The first is a squeak (think old matress) in the front right suspension. Visibly, i can't see anything wrong. Its gotten worse though, while working on the car yesterday my brother got out of the driver side seat and it just kept creaking/squeeking slowly...

second, sometimes when rolling at a constant speed, i get this constant, not too loud, hollow noise. Possibly a wheel bearing?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I don't know about the 2nd one, but the first one is either a squeaky camber kit bushing, if you've got a camber kit (or any bushings in the front end), or just squeaky springs... Some springs love to squeak. Mine have started squeaking about 6 months ago.

J

·
wasting my youth
1,349 Posts
Try lubricating the top mounts. Also, spray a bunch of silicone lubricant on the rubber sway bar bushings.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
obrigado said:
Try lubricating the top mounts. Also, spray a bunch of silicone lubricant on the rubber sway bar bushings.
Stupid question, perhaps, but do the brackets have to be off, or does the spray silicon just penetrate anyway?

J

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I'll give it a whirl & try it...

J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts