Honda Prelude Online banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
I never said I didn't believe you, I ran coppers throughout the whole tuning process (NGK ZFR7F-11 to be specific) because they were cheap and I needed so many of them replaced. I got burned on my first set of $45 plugs (denso iridiums) when it was too early in the tuning process and Honda Bob put them in and subsequently fouled them in like 10 minutes.

But I had ordered another set well before the dyno day and when it came time to dyno tune we were nearing the end of our gains we could make until it was time to check the plugs and we ended up just slapping in the iridiums I had there and sure enough, it made 1 more horsepower than the coppers (which still looked in great condition I might add). So I figured after the tuning session I may as well keep them in, and I still have them in to this day. I am at the 4,000 mile mark I believe, since the tuning session and it still runs hard.

However, I'm always pulling for that last bit of horsepower and I believe in the concept behind these pulse plugs, but I just wanted them to explain if their plugs are conceptually the same as a regular spark plug when put into a FI environment concerning heat ranges and everything. If they could prove better, I would order a set just to test them out (and probably dyno test them all for you). But I won't destroy my engine (potentionally) if the heat ranges aren't compatible.
Iridium and forced induction = BAD

The tips are very fragile and can break off inside the cylinder.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
i just changed my iridiums out at 5,000 miles. i didn't have any good reason to, but i did have a set of copper NGKs laying around i decided to put in. The iridiums looked good, no signs of cracks anywhere, nice ash-y look to the tips and such. I was quite pleased with them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
wow this thread looks like a conversation that me and my friends have when were ripped out of our minds.. it goes so far but nowhere at the same time! i want to know how well these plugs work to, we have all seen the magazine adds showing how much better they work but dose it really help enough to make a difference and dose it work well with FI?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
VIP,

You've seen what we offer but still aren't sure about them, what would you need to see to peak your interest? If a forum user in ABQ had a shop dyno them and do the fuel economy testing would that help?

What I'm asking is, as a community, what kind of testing do you want to see?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts