1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It's the Fan Switch. One of 2. There's that one, and also part #15. Same thing. It's what tells your fans to come on.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought the jdm's came with one of the sensors, and you just needed to add part 16. Correct me if i'm wrong. Also i would need part 11 to make it fit huh?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
if the hole isn't there for it, then yes you'll need part 11. Both of which I'm sure you can easily find at a junk yard. I wonder why they don't come with the second switch... I never bothered to look at mine on my motor. It's sitting in the garage right now, when I get around to looking at that piece, I'll tell you if it has the switch or not.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your jdm h22a prolly wont, and part 11 doesn't have a piece. wonder if this is also a problem or if i dont even have to worry about it?!?! but like i said, i didn't think you needed part 15 in addition to part 11.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
oh I wasn't saying you needed 15, I was just saying that 15 is the same switch as 16, and that they serve the same purpose. Why there's 2 I'm not really sure, never really thought about it, but they're both there for a reason I'm sure.

·
New Boeing Engineer
1,027 Posts
Take a look at your wiring diagrams. They do not serve the same purpose. Yes, they are both fan switches but they control the fans independently. The one on the front is for the A/C I believe. I think the JDM Climate control may be the reason they don't have the second switch.

Bottom line is that if you are swapping a JDM H22A into a USDM car you MUST swap over the front radiator hose neck from your current engine. If you don't one of your fans will never work and your car may overheat.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Sheesh, it's almost as if people didn't know there was a JDM H22 installation guide in the FAQ. Quoting myself:

ECT sensor : The JDM engines lack and engine coolant temp. sensor that the US engines have (US have 2, JDM have 1). It is located on the upper radiator hose neck. I just swapped the neck from my F22 (with sensor) onto the JDM engine. The ECT plug on the US harness now has a matching sensor on the engine.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks red92s and zimmlude, this is prolly a reason why my car is running hotter then hell. it frequestly shows red on the temp gauge ::bits nails::

next question........anyone have an extra one laying around?!?! the junkyards are just chasis, gutted.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The reason I thought they served the same purpose, or what doesn't really make sense, is the fact that the 2 should always be reading the same temp. If that's the case, why not only use 1? Ya know?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
trust me one isn't working on my car as we speak, my poor baby's running way too hot

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Total for the NEW parts is less than $50. Contact Larry jr. at www.importautosalvage.com and let him know what you need. They are the best in the biz right now.

Oh yeah, just for clarification: I have no clue what having both ECT sensors does, I'm not even sure its entirely necessary. I just noticed they were different, and decided to play it safe. I dunno if the JDM ECU even has an input for that sensor. But, like I said, it took 10 minutes and costed nothing, so what the hell, right?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is there a way to figure out if the p13 (jdm) has a input for it? i'm not trying to spend 50 bucks for nothing. Also could the input of that one go to the input of the other one, so they work together? Maybe it doesn't go to the ECU, maybe it goes to something else more directly.

·
Registered
854 Posts
i had the same overheating problem with my swap, then i put on my old h23 font piece that had the sensor, and now it never overheats, not sure exactly where those wires go, but it solved my problem..peace

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sounds like i'm going to install those pieces short, as soon as i get an new distributor

·
New Boeing Engineer
1,027 Posts
The ECT on the front doesn't even touch the ECU. It goes to another control unit. I don't have my helms in front of me but I did trace the diagram a while ago and they definatly do different things.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
I'll trace it when I get near my helms and see where she goes. . .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts