Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

why do ppl call whenever they are doing something cool/fun and you aren't? is it to annoy you? make you jealous? what

i just remembered this out of the blue and i like to rant about things

a few months ago my gf gets a call from her co-worker/good friend who was in philly for the Live 8 concert. in the middle of the concert she calls my gf (who is at work because she asked off) to tell her how awesome the concert is.....its so loud they can barely have a converstation

:stick: honestly, do ppl need that much attention? when my gf told me that.....i just wanted to punch her for being stupid

and i understand ppl call when they are drunk etc.........you get a few freebies until you learn but this was just out of the question

·
6MT RWD
920 Posts
I dunno... sometimes i think it's a "I know you can't be here but i wish you were here" kinda thing. But i know what you mean. I gets old if it happens often.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
i've made calls to find out what others are doing at that particular time... but calling to brag about how much fun their having is messed up.

·
artificially sweet
951 Posts
Maybe she did it purely to brag, but from hearing about it, it doesn't sound bad at all.

What's irritating is when people always have to one-up you. :chase:

·
6MT RWD
920 Posts
phayze one said:
What's irritating is when people always have to one-up you. :chase:
My G is better than your G.

oh wait...

:(

:jape:

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I usually call when my friends decline to go chill with me. I called someone at 3am in the morning to tell him there was a girl dancing on a bar table in front of me. He missed out.

--Sam

·
jon still has my hrt RIP
1,199 Posts
It's usually an "I wish you were here" thing. Same reason why I call people on vacation. Concerts are usually different though. If you can't even talk to the person, then why bother calling?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
"hello?"
"HEY MAN! I'M HAVING THE BEST SEX RIGHT NOW!! I WISH YOU COULD SEE THIS GIRL!"
"what time is it?"
"I DONT KNOW! DIDNT YOU HEAR ME?"
"steve, it's 3:30 in the morning and i have to get up at 5"
"ALRIGHT MAN, ILL TALK TO YOU LATER!"

click

Shane

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
It definitely depends on the person. Some people do it to gloat, some people do it because they want to share their experience with someone that's important to them ... yeah, like "I wish you were here." :shrug: I've done both. :p

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,889 Posts
This is like the time Irene called me to let me know some member of the Northeast crew were at Eric's at the beach and they forgot to call me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts