Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cheesus crust, when WRX came out with those hideous corolla looking headlights, they immidiately made better looking projector and HID head lights/lamps for WRX.

Why is it that after 5 years + the damn manufacturers can't make a single mass produced HID or better looking headlights for prelude?

I get so pissed, even tho I've sold my car.

My attempt at making HID retro fit headlamp failed, cause the manufacturing issue, but there are no other significantly different looking headlight out there for prelude as of now.

Why is it that this headlight that's so easy to transform isn't made into projector and the retro MANU fit lights.

I'm just venting, cause I know it could cost $200 for the lude headlights, but you still have to buy paste and gluded back retro fit from Andy or other members.

I'm not downing them, but come on, it's just a frankenstein then a rather purposely mass produced design headlights...

whatever. :laugh: :mad: :laugh: :mad: :rolleyes: :argue:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Two questions, how many preludes are there?

How many WRX's are there?

It all comes down to profitability

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
^^ true true....considering that the WRX sold more and is still selling (since the prelude is discontinued) then it makes sense that there'll be more support for the WRX. I love my E46 HID's, but it would've been great to have some aftermarket HID's that work just like the BMW's and look just as finished as the stock ones :D

·
I'm back!
1,161 Posts
^^ true true....considering that the WRX sold more and is still selling (since the prelude is discontinued) then it makes sense that there'll be more support for the WRX. I love my E46 HID's, but it would've been great to have some aftermarket HID's that work just like the BMW's and look just as finished as the stock ones
You have E46 HIDs? Since when?from Ando?

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Specialque said:
Two questions, how many preludes are there?

How many WRX's are there?

It all comes down to profitability
couldn't have said it better. I always thought this about the skunk IM that keeps getting pushed back.

·
Registered
828 Posts
yea...in previous times i was considering taking my designs professional for professional development but heres why not:

1. as cars become newer they start receiving the HID option
2. as for older cars, mostly kids have them and cant afford a premium lighting system.
3. the cost of producing an aftermarket headlamp with the quality of OEM manufacturing and with OEM parts would become enourmous.

In the end it is NOT PROFITABLE.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i hear what you guys are all saying about the market and demand.

it's a very simple thing to understand. I was just ranting about how much it sucks to understand that only reason that Honda don't ever put HID (except for s2000) on Honda products are because they want that option on Acura.

Which is crap. It's not even offered as an option.

It's all those damn marketing people.

They probably think that the customer group that purchase Honda would not get the HID as an option and there wouldn't be enough people who'll purchase it.

It's also upsetting me that Acura TSX will be offered with HID but Honda accord wont be. (TSX is European version accord)

I hate the manufacturers too. They make angel eye headlights for Eclipse and civic(obviously), but they wouldn't even consider making prelude headlights.

I think it's all because of the lack of exposure of prelude on the market (say SS magazine, etc).

·
Registered
123 Posts
I agree with all the comments that I hope Honda will have an HID option for preludes, which at that time was the highest priced Honda. But you have to understand what they have in mind (market). Preludes were not very well received except probably in Japan much less US. We can see many options in the JDM market from Honda but sales worldwide is not that good. Once I went to HK and asked for preludes products and the shop told me there were probably less than 50 5th gen preludes in HK. A place where there are tons of civics and accords. Compared with many other coupes the price of preludes are high and weight heavy, people not so concerned with looks will get many different options. Now US is a little different as not many Jap car comes over here. You have to understand that there are still many Jap models, no matter Nissan, Toyota or Honda that is still not shipped to US soil.

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
azninside said:

that's good to hear....the way I see it, I lose grip sometimes during turns, an that's w/ basic boltons, not boost, so I figured that it'd be worse....speed comes to play tho ;) :D
No... he meant he has an SS. Thats why he doesn't have a problem with boost and traction. :eek: :malken:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts