Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was going outside to open the hood so I could answer Ferrd's "Help!!!" post, I needed to back my car up because some DUMBASS parked up AGAINST my car!!!!!
What the Hell is wrong with some people?!?!? backing up until they HIT the car behind them!!!!
AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
Ok, you can lock this post now.

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I hate people that can't park right.. I usually check for dents or scratches.. and if i see any.. i feel sorry for that bastard.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
45 Posts
I park like a jackass at work because the community as a whole doesn't give a 'chit about their cars. People like to come in and ***** about it and I like to threaten their lives with my response. I'm sorry, but I just can not deal with someone parking a 1970's rusted beast of a stationwagon right next to my car and unloading 20 kids out of it. People with nice cars need their own state.

·
Registered
22 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ChrisM2097:
As I was going outside to open the hood so I could answer Ferrd's "Help!!!" post, I needed to back my car up because some DUMBASS parked up AGAINST my car!!!!!
What the Hell is wrong with some people?!?!? backing up until they HIT the car behind them!!!!
AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
Ok, you can lock this post now.

</font>
I just had the same thing happen to me. accept it was not just a dent in the fender it messed up my whole front end alignment and bent everything on my suspension I won't see my SH*t for atleast 2weeks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ChrisM2097:
I needed to back my car up because some DUMBASS parked up AGAINST my car!!!!!
</font>
This is what I have always called "parking by braille".

------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic
"When you're caffineated, all is right with the world..."

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had almost the same thing happened to my car a while ago. A red Altima put a ding on my driver side door and when I found it, that car is still there. It was in a mall's parking lot, so I went to see the security of that store and the (police) officer - nuts pig told me that it is not their business and this is not an accident, so there is NOTHING they can do, Yeah right. So I just did what I think is right (I bet he need another muffler installed).

But, anyway, What you guys will do if this happens? Is there any thing you can do other than call your insurance company and file a case with your words against the other driver's words?

Please let me know, so next time I don't need to kick anything instead.

------------------
1999 Prelude 5spd
Premium Pearl White
0-60 6.7s 1/4 [email protected]

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,081 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shmang:
I had almost the same thing happened to my car a while ago. A red Altima put a ding on my driver side door and when I found it, that car is still there. It was in a mall's parking lot, so I went to see the security of that store and the (police) officer - nuts pig told me that it is not their business and this is not an accident, so there is NOTHING they can do, Yeah right. So I just did what I think is right (I bet he need another muffler installed).

But, anyway, What you guys will do if this happens? Is there any thing you can do other than call your insurance company and file a case with your words against the other driver's words?

Please let me know, so next time I don't need to kick anything instead.

</font>
One of my friends had a cool idea that he tried and it worked. He got himslef an old distributor cap or any other miscellaneous car part for that matter - most people who have no respect don't know what anything is. Anyway, you wait for them and confront them about the scratch. Now most people will have one of these reactions:

If they own up to it, no problem, you sort it out.

If they say you can't prove anything, you get the part out of your car and say "And YOU can't prove that I took this from your car. I wouldn't want to be going downhill any time soon..."

If they say "**** Off", you say "Okay, I'll just take this for compensation, have a nice long <snicker> life!"

This has no guarantees of course, but it'll make them think twice about driving.

Course if you really are an ass, you could cut the brake lines...

·
Registered
431 Posts
5Gen:
That is a good idea, I might try it next time.

Anyway, if he does not admit he did it, there is really not too much you can do I think. It is just like someone rear-ended you and back off and drive away as nothing has happened.

Time to trade in my Lude and get a 88 Chevy or anything bigger and rustier than that.

------------------
1999 Prelude 5spd
Premium Pearl White

·
Registered
50 Posts
HeHe!!! thats an awesome idea! I know what you mean there are tons of idiots out there, thats why I check my car too everytime I come back from somewhere I will walk around my car.
I honestly don't know how some people pass their driving test. You can't help it there will be idiots no matter what.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i just hate the people that feel the need to park 2 inches from my car when they have the whole damn spot to work with

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,081 Posts
Law of parking - if you leave a space between you and the other cars, someone WILL park in one or both of those spaces. I try and find someone with an expensive four door (cheapo's have kids in them that just swing them open). Actually what I do is try and find where the employees park (usually it's the farthest part away from the mall). You know you're not going to have people coming and going there.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
sorry to be a little racist, but Indians can't ****ing drive.

On a side note, i went to rent a movie.. and parked my car like on the very far end of a 220 car parking lot.. where there are NO CARS.. like.. there was at least another 100 free parking spots around my car.. just so that nobody parks next to me.
I rent my movie, come out.. and what do i see?.. some stupid indian foo parks like 1 inch away from my car!.. WHAT THE ****!.. that hella pissed me off.. and to this day, i'm clueless why he parked next to me.

·
OG
2,040 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bronx99:
sorry to be a little racist, but Indians can't ****ing drive.

some stupid indian foo..
</font>
grr...

don't hold the actions of one against us all.

------------------
Raman
AIM: R Viper G
Viper's Lair
99 Pearl White SS
Mods

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well, Last time when my car got the ding, I was parked besides a nice Lexus LS400 on one side and a shining 4-Runner. But when I came out from the mall, that f*ck Altima was next to my car (Damn LS400, Why you left ?
) and it left me a ding with its red paint. So, I might never get a new car after this.

------------------
1999 Prelude 5spd
Premium Pearl White

[This message has been edited by shmang (edited April 15, 2001).]

·
Registered
45 Posts
see if you were me, i would pay them the favor of having me put a BIG ass dent in their door, eye for an eye.......
the best spots are at the back of any parking lot. i look for the cars that are parked backwards(most likely employee cars) and i do the same. the only thing is that people will either park next to you or you have punk ass people who think its funny to slash all 4 tires.

[This message has been edited by VPuppy (edited April 15, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I have a 92 Si and have parked it in regular spaces, not out in the boonies, since new, and no door dings. Notice that when you park far away, some idiot HAS to come and park right next to you just to piss you off- usually with a beater. Just look for spaces that don't have big 2-door cars in them and ones that are as wide as possible. Works for me... (Now I just cursed myself...)

------------------
92 Prelude Si
Silver Bullet
Too many mods to list...
Check out setup at hondaprelude.com (4th gen., "BionicKris")

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VPuppy:
see if you were me, i would pay them the favor of having me put a BIG ass dent in their door, eye for an eye.......
</font>

i'd just be worried about seeing the person again and having them really fvck up my car

the only things i try to do are not park next to suv's or big trucks, find wide spaces, and give myself (and others) lots of space on each side

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
best solution is not to go to anywhere that has a lot of people. If you have to, best place is beside a handicap spot go right up to the edge of their area since they have so much and you'll leave a lot of room from the next car.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i work at a grocery store. I have 2 area/spots that i really like to park. If somebody is in my main spot(a good spot with a light over it, and i can clearly see if somebody is going to **** with it), i'll back into our side wall area. It's like a rock wall. I'll park my car slanted, but not taking more than 1 spot, know what i mean? Usually, that'll prevent people from parking next to me.

looks kinda like the diagram below

|/| hehehe

there are a few spots that are bigger than normal, so sometimes, my car will be hella slanted. The cops cant do **** cuz it's "private property". hehehe

------------------

1 - 20 of 20 Posts