Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got Catz bulbs, and on the way home from work, i noticed that every couple minutes my lights would lightly dim down then back up.... it was only instantanously, but i dont know if its always been like that. It happened when i was driving... not sitting.

This was the first time i've noticed it... I dont know if its because other things were turning on (fan, etc.) But i didnt have any other items powered.

Has anyone else noticed this with aftermarket bulbs? Or notice it in general?:(

I just got my O2 sensor replaced... but not sure if that has anything to do with it...

Thanks in advance ppl :D

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I would say that maybe you should just check the wire connection. Sometimes if they're lose then the wires could touch and move out of place to cause dimming or temporarily cutting them out. That's what happened to me and I checked the wiring and it solved the problem. Maybe your car is just winking at other cars.. hehe

--Sam

·
Registered
342 Posts
Try to notice if your interior lights are dimming down too...if they are...then start checking the alternator for malfunction....

·
powered by oyster sauce
2,345 Posts
You can also test whether it is the bulbs by swapping out one or both of them for stock bulbs. If you notice the dimming even with the stockers, then check electrical system...if not, then you know it is faulty aftermarket bulbs.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nope, no pulleys.

Just to let everyone know My Auto Tensioner went out yesterday night.... I do believe thats what it is.

I was driving home yesterday when i got off from work. I noticed a funny noise and my Anti-Lock Brakes kicked in and i lost control of steering. It sounded as if i was dragging something under my car. I pulled off and noticed that the noise didnt quit... So i knew that it wasnt something i was dragging... popped the hood and noticed the timing belt was off...

Turned car off and pushed it the rest of the way into a parking spot.

As i was under the hood i was moving the timing belt back and forth showing the Honda Service Associate down towards where the belt hooks up by the battery it was extremely loose and looked as if needed to be tightened.

I know if i dropped my timing belt i have a chance of messing up my engine (bending rods)

Does anyone know what this is that happend by what i've described?

They couldnt tell me much, because they only really do oil changes on weekends.

So i've got a slow bish of a car... 03 4dr. Civic Ex :( :laugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts