Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what did it weigh? I did a search and found the original thread, but none of the threads from the middle of March back work.

------------------
2000 5-speed Prelude
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Momo Alumsport shift knob
Iceman Competition Intake
Mugen cat-back exhaust
Mugen headers
AEM underdrive pulleys

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wouldn't happen to remember what it weighed, would ya? I'm in a discussion with some Cougar owners who are claiming the high road on the weight issue ("Prelude's are pigs, yada, yada, yada"). The factory numbers are almost identical, weightwise, but now I'm getting the "Yeah, well I weighed mine and it's blah, blah, blah." I'm just looking for some real-world numbers.

Kinda juvenile, I guess, but the last thing I want to hear are Cougar owners talking down 'bout my baby.

------------------
2000 5-speed Prelude
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Momo Alumsport shift knob
Iceman Competition Intake
Mugen cat-back exhaust
Mugen headers
AEM underdrive pulleys

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I remembering asking that question...yeah.. he gave me some directions on where to go in the Bay area (SF) to get it weighed for free.. I still need to do that too..just for curiosity sake.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
mine is a 2000 SH, i weighed it at an industrial scale which was certified to be accurate ±10 pounds. i subtracted the weight of me and the gas and got 2820 pounds. spare and jack were still in there, full interior, totally stock lude.

incidentally, when i entered the actual weight (including me and the gas) into my gtech and did some runs, it came out with 165 whp, which is just what i'd expect. if i enter the weight honda claims, plus me, i get like 180hp which seems a little.... optimistic.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chim15:
what did it weigh? I did a search and found the original thread, but none of the threads from the middle of March back work.

</font>

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,081 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chim15:
the last thing I want to hear are Cougar owners talking down 'bout my baby.

</font>
Umm, just how is that possible?

·
Registered
945 Posts
My '98 SH weighed 2930 a couple of years ago with 1/4 a tank of gas. Now it weighes 2850 with a roll cage (100#+) and 1/4 tank of gas but I have gutted the interior and trunk. Still have the sunroof, A/C and radio though. I have also corner balanced it with a full tank of gas, all safty equiptment, and me in it and here is what I got.

FL FR
1041 902

RL LR
610 549

total weight 3102
front 62.6%
back 37.4%
LR cross to FR 48.7%
RR cross to FL 51.3%
Left 53.2%
right 46.8%

1 - 10 of 10 Posts