Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

BOOYA..

i could've done basically any color combo except the kilo/hr part because it's naturlaly orange (i made it as red as possible =-T)

well personally, i am NOT satisfied.. a lot of spots you can see the colors blend in and crap (where it should be blue it's half blue and half white etc..)

and the red is definately not what i'm lookin for.. damn pink..

my summer session starts 2mrrow so i'm not gonna have time to re-do these to my liking.. so i guess i gotta wait another 6 weeks before i make these any better..

but oh well

SCREW YOU INDIGLO GAUGES!
(actually i didn't mind the indiglos that much, i just didn't like the silver face)

questions/comments?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Those look REALLY nice. it looks like it starts to dim toards the middle though. is that blue light thats goin into the needles? still a very good job :bigthumb:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Man those look great :bigthumb: how could i get mine to look like that.

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
plar said:
Man those look great :bigthumb: how could i get mine to look like that.

r&d

two days of work preplanned in your head

frustration

throwing **** around

lots of leds

lots of screaming

patience

more yellin and screaming

dissatisfaction

meh somethin like that :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
I thought it was cool how the numbers are half blue/half white :)
The km/h and E lights could be more red like you said. How many LEDs did you end up using? It would also make it look a little cleaner if you disconnect the green light that turns orange after so many miles, it kinda throws off the red/white/blue scheme. Ludatic the patriot ;)

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
MR.CLIFFORD said:
:eek:

Nice work Jon. I agree. It will look much better when you figure out how to get it all blue. :bigthumb:

i could've made it all blue..

i WANTED white..

if i made it all blue it would've been a lot more even and none of that blending crap

however the red is where i would run into the problem

joew i used about 20 leds total

oh and i coulda just turned the matinence light to the red position.. maybe i'll do tha tnext time haha

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
very nice...you dont have a write up do you???? you should of done a write up so others could know how to do this cuz i would love to do this mod..hehe

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MugenPoweredLude said:
very nice...you dont have a write up do you???? you should of done a write up so others could know how to do this cuz i would love to do this mod..hehe
i didn't even know what i was doin half the time :laugh:

i seriosuly sat there staring at my gauge cluster for an hour trying to figure out how to mount the ****ers

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
nice work jon.
Get much out of that spare cluster I sent you?

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
coil222 said:
nice work jon.
Get much out of that spare cluster I sent you?

yea i ****ed around with that but now it's really really ****ed up hahahhaa... the faces are like wrinkled and ****
and none of the needles work

:laugh:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I sometimes wish the 4gen had circular gauges. But I love my cockpit either way. :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts