Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1st SS to 5spd swap done
2,455 Posts
omg...dont do this bro...it will kill the lude look.

also this was discusses a while back. they posted a few good pics of this one lude with a bike rack on...

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
...bike racks are ugly on any car, but if you plan on bringing bikes, then what else are you supposed to do?

Jose

·
VTEC On Ice = BAD
741 Posts
I do not see any pics....where are the pics?? A Lude with a bike-rack sounded like fine.

You lead me on like this....I just....get so...frustrated!

Grover

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have a hitch mount bike rack for my Prelude. I'll try to remember to take pics tomorrow, but someone will have to show me how to post them here (I have server space on my web page).
Hang in there, Grover! :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Okay here's my first ever attempt at posting pictures. *cross fingers*

These pictures are kinda dark but they tend to look better if you zoom in on the dark area, at least on my machine.

From behind the car:

From under the car sideways:

From under the hitch looking at one of the bumper mount bolts:

From the back with the bike rack on:

From the side with the bike rack on:

With the bike:

I didn't tighten the bike down to take the picture, but you can see the piece on the bottom of the rack has holes to run the straps through and secure the bike.

The only thing I don't like about this hitch is that the vertical support comes from the bumper (and yes, I did have to drill the bolt holes in the bumper but apparently 4th gens are pre-drilled). I just don't know how much weight the bumper was designed to safely sustain. But I've only ever used it locally (5-10 miles max) and I've never had any trouble with it.

Oh, and before anyone asks, it's an XM satellite radio antenna.

Hope this helps...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts