Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember someone said that they got it there for 330 shipped? i called them and they said they are gonna charge me 370. anyone know a shop cheaper than 370 shipped

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by preludepower99:
I remember someone said that they got it there for 330 shipped? i called them and they said they are gonna charge me 370. anyone know a shop cheaper than 370 shipped</font>
I'm not sure what James is charging these days but it can't hurt to ask him. WWW.PERFORMANCE-EVOLUTION.COM

·
retired
7,431 Posts
i called up options too, and they wanted 385 after taxes and shipped.

that was way too much so i ordered mine from james for 355 shipped.
im hoping it to come next week or so.

------------------
97 Black Lude, 5spd
AIM: SADWAP97

·
Registered
299 Posts
Are these JDM fogs any good? or is it just because it fits nicely on the lude? I'm considering getting one, but not sure what makes these better than something like piaa's.

------------------
97 Prelude
Mugen headers/exhaust
AEM CAI
bunch of nyc dents

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
They look 10X better than the PIAAs since they fit the housing. Just get some hyper white H3c bulbs in them and you're good to go.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by muncher:
Are these JDM fogs any good? or is it just because it fits nicely on the lude? I'm considering getting one, but not sure what makes these better than something like piaa's.

</font>
I personally think because the look and fit so good. I'm sure a hi end seet of PIAA's will out perform them but won't look nearly as tight. However they do work so it's not like they're only for show.

------------------

·
Registered
188 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:
they compliment the lude perfectly</font>
there's a reason why they left that space below the turn signals empty

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I got them for $329 and an $10 for shipping. I don't know why option charge you so much extra. BTW, in the May of 2001 of Super Street they had a ad saying that the Prelude JDM fogs is only for $329.

------------------
RIP Dale #3

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
355 shipped sounds good.. i'm gonna ask him now. </font>
I guess I'll let you know you're going to get charged an import tax on those things. Something like 35-45 bucks.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I guess I'll let you know you're going to get charged an import tax on those things. Something like 35-45 bucks.

</font>

what import tax? hey sadwap97.. did you pay james 355 or 355 + import tax.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts

</font>
Exactly what I said an import tax.....only if you buy through James though...buying through Options might not have this tax, probably doesn't. In the end I think both are about the same but I would rather buy from James. I just looked at the invoice I got from Deringer (the people who collect it) and it was 31 dollars.

·
User Account Disabled
5,736 Posts

</font>
I just installed them last week also. Looks mighty
. btw-i paid $355 to my door. Don't worry about import tax or shipping as it's all included in the 355

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how do i get a hold of james? i tried emailing him but no response. does he have a number i can call? i want to order it now!

·
retired
7,431 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jspec81:
Originally posted by preludepower99:

</font>
. btw-i paid $355 to my door. Don't worry about import tax or shipping as it's all included in the 355

*whew* ok i only paid james 355. joon scared me a bit about that import tax thing

------------------
97 Black Lude, 5spd
AIM: SADWAP97

·
Registered
800 Posts
</font>
Well if you just installed them last week I'm assuming that you just got them in the last few weeks. Shortly you will be receiving a bill from Derringer for importing them from Canada. It does not come at the same time as the fogs, it's a few weeks later. Sorry but the import fee is not included.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
User Account Disabled
5,736 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gabe:
Well if you just installed them last week I'm assuming that you just got them in the last few weeks. Shortly you will be receiving a bill from Derringer for importing them from Canada. It does not come at the same time as the fogs, it's a few weeks later. Sorry but the import fee is not included.

Gabe

</font>
Nope-I had them shipped to seattle about 3 months ago and just installed them last week when I went there for spring break

·
Registered
800 Posts
Nope-I had them shipped to seattle about 3 months ago and just installed them last week when I went there for spring break
</font>
Very strange.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SADWAP97:

*whew* ok i only paid james 355. joon scared me a bit about that import tax thing
</font>
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I didn't get charged for the import tax until about a MONTH LATER when a letter came seperately IN THE MAIL.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts