Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to work out who's going to pay to have them done. But whoever gets them made up won't be paying for them. A couple people said they had hookups though. So how much would it cost to get 50 (let's say) of these stickers made up at the size this one is now (approx. 9.7" x 1.4")?

Just to clarify, the black background wouldn't exist at all-- not transparent, not anything. Just the white letters with their blue outlines would be the sticker. Here's a sticker I had in mind when I made this one:

This sticker's not 3-D--it's on my mirror, that's why it looks 3-D. The letters are all separate, but sticking it on was easy because I had to just press it on in one piece, then pull off the backing.

Alright, so who wants to be a nice guy/gal and see if he/she can have these made up for us?
I'll have to consult Malken as far as the financial end of this thing.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

[This message has been edited by jmcn (edited April 11, 2001).]

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
the only thing i know is that you need a printed version of your logo with the colors in CMYK format - the RGB gif/jpg versions won't do it. or at least you need to save your logo in CMYK mode and in .ESP(?) files for shops to process it.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
o0OO0o's got a good point.</font>

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Sign me up
and I'll take 2 too

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
I'll show the logo to my freind who owns a vinyl graphics co. tomorrow and see what he thinks price wise... I would guess that for a 10x2" logo, we'd be around $3.50-$5 each. My friend can only cut single-color graphics with his equipment. He does not have the expnsive gear to do multi-color printed vinyl yet... He could do the 2-tone like your logo, but it would involve cutting two sheets and overlaying them...

Do we want to incorporate "Prelude" in the logo somewhere? I was thinking maybe like overlaying the 4th gen Prelude logo over the H-a.net logo in a contrasting color...

Andrew

[This message has been edited by aklucsarits (edited April 11, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aklucsarits:
Do we want to incorporate "Prelude" in the logo somewhere? I was thinking maybe like overlaying the 4th gen Prelude logo over the H-a.net logo in a contrasting color...</font>
There are going to be other Hondas and Acuras at Pocono so it doesn't make sense to put Prelude on the stickers if everyone's going to get one.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
'97 Prelude Type-SH

jmcn.com

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aklucsarits:
Do we want to incorporate "Prelude" in the logo somewhere? I was thinking maybe like overlaying the 4th gen Prelude logo over the H-a.net logo in a contrasting color...</font>
i think if you put it on your prelude, people should know that you're with the prelude board...

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
o0OO0o's got a good point.</font>

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
i think if you put it on your prelude, people should know that you're with the prelude board...

</font>
Yah, but what if I removed all my prelude emblems? Then how would they know?

OK. I guess I just assumed that only Prelude people were going... Who is going from this site that does not have a Prelude?

I'll have some more info tomorrow night. I can probably get a sample over the weekend...

Andrew

·
Registered
152 Posts
ok, i got a hook-up. I got someone who can also do "etch work" which is taking white vinyl and printing on it so you can make all the fade effects. etc.. email me at [email protected] with what ya want and then i can email my buddy, attach pics etc.. if you want me too forward too him. when i get response which should be tommorow ill post on here. also stickers etc.. is easy as pie too make he got like 100000000000 vector art graphics also too cut up on the vinyl and if ya find any font u want and want any text written up i can do it also.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Woo Hoo! I can finally get on at work now! Screw you, firewall!

JMCN: How many will we need? I showed the logo to my friend. He says it would be $3.50-$4.00 for a single color logo in a quantity of like 10 or so in the size you wanted. You can choose any color you want. If you want a patterned vinyl (like carbon-fiber look, hologram, or something), it would be a little bit more. It would be slightly cheaper per logo if we wanted a larger lot. If you *really* want the two-color logo, that would be like $7.00 each, since it involves making two stickers.

Also, what font is the logo text in?

Andrew

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am at home for the weekened so I can't get you the name of the font until Monday. It's a Mac font though, I hope that's not going to be a problem.

zentron, any idea as far as price per sticker?

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
'97 Prelude Type-SH

jmcn.com

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, the font's called "Concielian". It's a Mac font available on acidfonts.com.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
'97 Prelude Type-SH

jmcn.com

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
Okay, the font's called "Concielian". It's a Mac font available on acidfonts.com.

</font>
Thanks, JMCN. I'll talk to my friend at work on Tues. I'll see if he can make up a sample for me.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Sample Pics!

My freind made up the logo in solid metalic silver. It is about 10" x 3/4" - Small enough to be subtle, but noticable. I put it on the black glass on the bottom of my rear quarter window...

You like?

(Who is that strange shadowy figure?)

Wider shot...

Andrew

1 - 20 of 38 Posts