Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently installed MTX amp. and there's always whining noise, thought it's the alternator thing, bought a ground loop isolator from radio shack, doesn't work, still hearing it, any good suggestion how to get rid of it?

·
Registered
266 Posts
ummm, still pretty sure its the power. ummm spilt up the power (ie power ground and remote wire to one side of ur car) and then the speaker or sub wires to the other

·
Registered
131 Posts
the ground wire shouldn't be any longer than 18 inches. if it is, shorten it.

if your power and signal wires (rca) wires are run together, then you need to separate them -- or buy REALLY nicely shielded RCAs.

make sure all your power and signal connections are nice and tight. Make sure your power and ground are solidly attached to their connection points.

Make sure your head unit is grounded properly. It's never a bad idea to find another ground spot for your head unit. clip the ground wire, solder an extension on, and ground it directly to the chassis.

that should help. if not, post up what you've done.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input, that's a lot of knowledge to learn, i'll separate the rca and power wires this weekend to see what happen

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i still have this problem even after my installer seperated the wires which were already seperated

i just live with it....its pretty cool sometimes too...sounds like i got a SC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts