10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would you take (basically the price limit here is $35000):
2001 S2000
1997-1998 Supra TT
E36 BMW M3
1997-1999 Corvette

or go cheap and buy out the Prelude (1998 base) for $14000

Also, let me know if there are any cars that should be on the list that I left off. I really don't want a used car that has more than 30,000 miles.

·
0 Posts
What are you going to use the car for? Daily driving? If so, stay away from the RX7, very maintenance intensive. If it's a weekend car, by all means go for the RX7.

The M3 is also very, very nice. A few issues, but nothing major.

The Supra is good for daily driving and drag racing. I bit portly for autocross or road racing, but a very capable car.

I like the S2000 very, very much. Good for autocrossing and road racing. I just wish it had some more torque. Can't beat it for looks though!

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by drock512:
Which would you take (basically the price limit here is $35000):
2001 S2000
1997-1998 Supra TT
E36 BMW M3
1997-1999 Corvette

</font>
-Used NSX
-S2000
-Supra TT

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
945 Posts
If it's going to be a daily driver, I'd get the M3. It's roomy enough for 4 and has a real trunk. It's the slowest car of the 4 you mentioned but it's still pretty quick.

If you're tall, you might have problems fitting in the S2000 or Supra. I'm 6'0 (long torso) and I had the seat all the way back when I drove a friend's S2000. When I sat in a Supra, my head was up against the roof.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Depends on what u use the car for
But assuming it's a daily driver/wknd warrior, I'll say #1.MKIV #2 M3

Another suggestion I have is the Audi S4, the fastest 4dr behind the M5. 4WD, Bi-Turbo, and u can mod the S4 like crazy.

------------------
01' Base 5-Speed
Stock for now
Parts to be installed-
AEM CAI, Neuspeed Sports & KYB AGX, Neuspeed Front STB, Apex V-AFC

·
Registered
327 Posts
WOW somehow I manage to have something against all those cars. I think I'm just too pick. I like the S4 suggestion, it's a beautiful car.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yes, i would also agree with going for an Audi S4.

u get the twin turbo capability of a supra, the luxury and class of a bimmer and the performance of the corvette if u fix up your turbo (which isnt hard to get alot gains from). PLUS its the perfect daily driver car with 4 doors!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
M3x100

------------------
HOW 'BOUT THEM TIGERS!!!
<A HREF="http://gotigersgo.fansonly.com/sports/m-baskbl/mem-m-baskbl-body.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
N.I.T. RESULTS
3/13/01 : Memphis 71 Utah 62
3/20/01 : Memphis 90 UTEP 65
3/22/01 : Memphis 81 New Mexico 63
NEXT: (3/27) vs. Tulsa IN NEW YORK CITY!!!

ESPN, 9pm EST

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited March 26, 2001).]

·
Registered
195 Posts
I like the s4 idea the best.

They are kinda heavy, but still an impressively fast car... thats very luxurious.

[This message has been edited by Luder-xhpx (edited March 26, 2001).]

·
Registered
83 Posts
If this is a daily driver, I would go with the M3.
It has plenty of room, has a usable trunk, classic styling that will always be in style, and in regards to performance, it may not be the fastest, but it demands respect!
Personally for me, I would go with the Audi S4 if it were a choice.
You just can't beat Quattro!

[This message has been edited by CRANIUM (edited March 26, 2001).]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dude, save your money for 1 year....then buy a used 2001 M3

Best Handling car in the world right now and with 333 hp....torque curve as flat as Kansas....I think it's $45,000 NEW....but in a year you could afford it.

Just try not to spouge on the windshield when you get it.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
If you're smart, you'll buy out the Lude. Slowest car on the list, but you can save your money for something faster, later. Do yourself and the world a favor and go for the option that DOESN'T require a loan.

Besides, it's always nice to know you're not really paying another $5k or more for the priveledge of having a car. Don't give the dealer (or your bank) any money you don't have to.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yeah. did you know the Lexus SC300 has the same engine as the NA Supra? That means you can throw a turbo (or twin turbos) and have the luxury of a Lexus with the performance of a Supra TT+++.

If it were my choice though, I'd get a '95 M3 with low mileage and mod it. Then I'd save the rest.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

1 - 20 of 41 Posts