Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did a search because I know this type of stuff has been covered, but what are some good springs that will give me about a 1.5" drop. I've been looking at the H-R springs and I was wondering if you guys have anything to say about these also I would like to see some pics if you've dropped your car 1.5".

Thanks

------------------
2001 Prelude
Vision R

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It all depends on what you are trying to do. I had the Eibach Prokits and they were fine. Switched to the Neuspeed Sport springs because they are stiffer. Either set will give you a really nice reduction in wheelwell gap and they are progressive rate springs so ride is still comfortable.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm looking for a pretty comfortable ride and a nice look.

------------------
2001 Prelude
Vision R

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Placid what kind of body kit do you have??

------------------
2001 Prelude
Vision R

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have Eibach Sportlines, 1.8" and I think they are perfect for the 5th gens, was considering the Pro Kits but I have seen numerous Ludes with them and it doesn't look any diff than stock. The Sportlines aren't to much of a drop but it elimanates the nasty 4 finger fenderwell gap. BTW I have roughly no finger gap in the front and about 1 in the back.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CBMLude:
I have Eibach Sportlines, 1.8" and I think they are perfect for the 5th gens, was considering the Pro Kits but I have seen numerous Ludes with them and it doesn't look any diff than stock. The Sportlines aren't to much of a drop but it elimanates the nasty 4 finger fenderwell gap. BTW I have roughly no finger gap in the front and about 1 in the back.</font>
You don't need to have a camber kit do you??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Vision Lude:

You are supposed to get a camber kit but when I went in for an alignment i was only off by abit on the front. Camber kits are around $250 CDN over here, I won't even bother, just rotate your front and rear tires periodically. Trust me its a perfect drop, my wheels don't tuck in but the fender just sits on top of the tire. I was gonna go with the H&Rs but I got a better deal with the Eibachs.
Yeah I've heard the on going debate on which has a higher spring rate but does anyone have actual proof on which is stiffer????

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
RS*R Downsprings. 1.5 all around. Rides smoother then the H&R's...because my sister has the H&R's on her car..more stiff.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pkw1:
Get the TEIN S-Tech springs man... you'll love them
Very stiff and still streetable.
no sagging problems even after 1 yr.

</font>
How much of a drop do these springs give??

------------------
2001 Prelude
Vision R

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.