Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bridgestone Potenza RE730
Kumho ECSTA Supra 712
Pirelli P7000 SUPERSPORT
Bridgestone Potenza RE92
Yokohama A520

i got these off tirerack.com and seem to be best sellers of stock size. I can most likely get them at cost. Anything else i should consider?

------------------
[email protected]
99 Pearl SS
NJ Prelude Group
Worst Page Ever

·
Registered
317 Posts
Since your car is leased, just get cheap ones. You are not going to keep it anyway. What are you looking at to replace it?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rogue:
Since your car is leased, just get cheap ones. You are not going to keep it anyway. What are you looking at to replace it?</font>
i got another 18,000 miles left to go on this puppy. I am already looking at TL-S. I liek very much

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
my dad got a 2002 TL, the new ones look sweet, its a rrreal nice car, i drove the Type S at the dealership. the difference for non racers is not noticable so my dad went w/ the base.

anyways for tires, just go with the kumhos or potenzas, i have the kumhos on mine, no problems like a few ppl listed and my friends dad has the potenza 730's i believe. I saw him launch at 6000RPMs like a bat outta hell!!!! they just draw up this white smoke down the line in the center, looks sweet!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Definitely NOT Kumho. Stratch that off your-list.

Nothing but problems for me after 10,000 miles. Soft sidewall would bubble on the inside.

I had A520 before and loved them. Noisy, quick wear but sticks like glue on the track.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This might help you decide...
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/uhp.jsp

What's up with the A520 being so FAAAAAR down the list??? #30 in Ultra High Performance?!?!

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

[This message has been edited by ChrisM2097 (edited April 17, 2001).]

·
Registered
658 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ChrisM2097:
This might help you decide...
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/uhp.jsp

What's up with the A520 being so FAAAAAR down the list??? #30 in Ultra High Performance?!?!

</font>
That list is odd. Look at Firehawk and Kuhmo at the top! LOL.

I think the A520 was demoted for it's tread noise. I just ordered my second set today. Can't wait to get back to that stiff sidewall.

While I was at the tire shop the manager showed me a set of barely worn A520s piled in the corner of one of the service bays--they came off a customer's VOLVO 850! Turns out he couldn't take the noise! What a dope.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thewedge3:
That list is odd. Look at Firehawk and Kuhmo at the top! LOL.

Can't wait to get back to that stiff sidewall.
</font>
I could not have agreed with you more. Personally, i never knew Firestone was capable of making decent tires, let alone ones that top a tirerack list in terms of dry traction. 2nd, the a520 deserves a higher traction rating than what it's given. Third, thewedge is right about the sidewall of the A520: they are stiff as hell! I've run these tires ~30 psi on the street and normally other tires would start rolling on hard corner, but the a520 doesn't move a bit, and that's no lie. Just a shame the treadwear sucks, though....*shrug*

------------------

'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
Trying to sell my 17" SSR's

[This message has been edited by iranman (edited April 17, 2001).]

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
I went through my A520's in about 7000 miles with the usual mix of sensible/mental driving styles.
They do stick like sh1t to a blanket though.
I've just got my new Bridgestone S0-3 and they are awesome all round tires (wet or dry)

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
i still like my kumhos, but i wouldn't recommend them since they are TERRIBLE in snow, which i found out the hard way. unless you have snow tires or a beater, you should be better off with some all-seasons like the P7000ss.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
BEECH! :D Your a corrupt mod I tell ya! :D ........You're my hero :D</font>

·
Registered
997 Posts
Get the re730's...by the way...since ur close do u think u can get me a deal on them also?

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.