Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
jon still has my hrt RIP
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
Neither. White shirt and the tie on the left.
 

·
one day it'll make sense
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can i wear a black or dark gray suit jacket & pants over a white shirt? i'm a n o o b when it comes to job interview attire..

[edit]why is n o o b censored?
 

·
B cuz I got it like that.
Joined
·
2,835 Posts
its called a suit.... its better to be over dressed then under-dressed.

dont dress for YOUR job.... dress for his.... the guy he answers to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,939 Posts
yes, wear the suit... as for the shirt/tie... i would wear the blue shirt and the striped tie

*edit*
this is what i wore yesterday to my interview when they hired me...
 

·
one day it'll make sense
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies guys..

i will wear the blue shirt, striped tie, and a black suit..

just wondering.. is there any reason why no one liked the shirt on the left and the tie on the right? (or is it just for job interviews?) can i wear them to formal places or any kind of business meeting?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
896 Posts
Blue is a "power color", that's why people picked the blue shirt for the interview. As for the tie on the right... it's just too dark and doesn't offer any contrast/accent.
 

·
B cuz I got it like that.
Joined
·
2,835 Posts
call me conservative..... navy or Black business suit, white shirt, up to fashion tie, and nice shoes. If your young.. then I guess you can go with Power Blue shirts...
 

·
woop woop!
Joined
·
3,697 Posts
interesting read =] .. to people here that actually do hire people, does the quality/color/type of clothes you wear ACTUALLY matter at all? I figure if you look professional then you're good to go right... cuz i dunno, people are getting into details about colors and all that :shrug: does THAt really matter?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
SNsLude said:
interesting read =] .. to people here that actually do hire people, does the quality/color/type of clothes you wear ACTUALLY matter at all? I figure if you look professional then you're good to go right... cuz i dunno, people are getting into details about colors and all that :shrug: does THAt really matter?
don't know about interviews, but yea depending on the colors, it sort of sets the mood for everything.

rememebr the last presedential debates with bush and kerry? the first round bush wore a blue shirt with a blue tie. kerry wore a white shirt with a red tie.

kerry's opinions came off stronger to the audience, where as bush seemed weak. it's all a mood thing.

i say both shirts and tie combinations are too boring. u need to clash the colors more. blue and gold tie works, or brown shirt and red tie.
 

·
woop woop!
Joined
·
3,697 Posts
lumanogin said:
don't know about interviews, but yea depending on the colors, it sort of sets the mood for everything.

rememebr the last presedential debates with bush and kerry? the first round bush wore a blue shirt with a blue tie. kerry wore a white shirt with a red tie.

kerry's opinions came off stronger to the audience, where as bush seemed weak. it's all a mood thing.

i say both shirts and tie combinations are too boring. u need to clash the colors more. blue and gold tie works, or brown shirt and red tie.
well see... I'm saying if you have the substance behind what you're saying and what your resume has to offer, it should totally overlook however way you're dressed. In the example above^ ... i strongly doubt if bush and kerry swapped attire that that would have been the deciding factor of who came off "stronger". Or am I wrong to think so? I guess from the way it sounds, people are factoring in wardrobe as more than 20-30% of the battle in an interview :shrug: obviously if you go in your bum clothing yah, I can understand... I'm just talking on the level of, once you're dressed professionally, should colors/types of ties really matter on that end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,939 Posts
PreludePowerR said:
looks nice there, how about a shave and a haircut :p
if this was directed towards me... i have to say that pic was taken on x-mas eve after i had the suit tailored. when i went into my interviews, i was clean shaven (except for full goatee which was neatly trimmed) with a hair cut a few days earlier. :p
 

·
jon still has my hrt RIP
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
SNsLude said:
well see... I'm saying if you have the substance behind what you're saying and what your resume has to offer, it should totally overlook however way you're dressed. In the example above^ ... i strongly doubt if bush and kerry swapped attire that that would have been the deciding factor of who came off "stronger". Or am I wrong to think so? I guess from the way it sounds, people are factoring in wardrobe as more than 20-30% of the battle in an interview :shrug: obviously if you go in your bum clothing yah, I can understand... I'm just talking on the level of, once you're dressed professionally, should colors/types of ties really matter on that end.

In an ideal world, you'd be judged on what you have in your head and not on your body but yes, first impressions are made within seconds of them seeing you. What color you have on, how your hair looks, nails, and shoes are pretty crucial. First interviews should always be the most boring and toned down look ever. Black or pinstripe suit with white shirt and a simple not too flashy tie. When employers see color, they think fun, creative.... which can sometimes correlate to partying and irresponsible so it's better to go with conservative colors. I mean you can express yourself through your clothes but do it once you get hired. :)

Good luckwith your interview.
 

·
woop woop!
Joined
·
3,697 Posts
I always thought the first impressions were of the resume you submitted in order for them to have even concidered to see you for an interview in the first place. But I mean yah, I can see what you're saying^... I totally agree we should dress properly for the right time... I think I'm just misinterpreting how strongly people feel about the details of your "already professional look". I just don't feel its as much of a deal as it seems like its sounding from a few here. :shrug: ... what if the employer has some kind of complex and totally hates white, blue, and black ahha. Wouldn't that be setting a wrong mood for the interview ;)
 

·
jon still has my hrt RIP
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
Haha. Why are you being so stubborn? Go ahead and dress however you want. I'm just saying what you SHOULD wear and yes there are rules to dress and MOST employers care.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top