Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one do you all recommend? Both are about the same price as I have a $35 off coupon, so they both come up to around $230. The only difference is that the 17" has DVI and the 19" has analog inputs. Is it worth getting the DVI over the analog?
Dell 17"

Dell 19"

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
If your graphics card only has analog outputs, then you will be using the DVI -> Analog converter anyhow on the 17 inch or any DVI input monitor for that matter.

Get the bigger screen.

·
12,807 Posts
no difference for gamers.

DVI is a straight digital connection, so you'll see a much sharper image with slightly better colors.
That "you don't need DVI" comment is bull... makes a world of a difference (if you care about the picture quality. If all you want is a flatscreen, then sure... you don't need DVI).

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really do want a clearer/sharper picture. I believe the contrast ratio also makes a difference from what I've heard.

I'll be mostly using it for homework, surfiing and watching videos on occasion.

·
Registered
880 Posts
yea go for the 17" dvi if u watch a lot of movies and do photo work. i have a 19" dvi and it's beautiful. but then i have friends with 19" analogs only, and they look really blurry. but for vibrant colors, i still have seen the best crt's outperforming lcd's.

if you care about ghosting make sure it doesn't have too high of an ms. lower the better. 8ms is good.

·
means old computer
636 Posts
Go 19" unless you can see a noticeable difference between DVI and analog. Some people get eye strain / headaches from analog after extend use.

Visit Best Buy or something and check out DVI vs analog, or go 19".

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
On a side note, would there even be a difference if he were to go DVI but was forced to convert to analog due to his graphics card not supporting DVI?

Basically it all boils down to whether or not he has a DVI connector on the graphics card.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts