Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wha's goin ON!?!?!?!?!
49 Posts
I used some Meguiars ColorX on my black 97 lude just the other day and love the result. It's one of those cleaner waxes that I used for the first time and it looks good! I've also used that Meguiars NXT I think it is...I think I liked the result but it sure does smell good haha =]

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
Nu Finish is garbage. The light blue/green Zymol **** you find over the counter at autoparts stores target walmart etc is garbage. It's rebranded turtle wax.

I don't think there is a best wax. All waxes are controversial. It all depends on how it looks to you. Other factors include durability and easy of use. You can spend upwards of 2000 dollars for a bottle of Zymol Vintage or 2500 for some Swissvax Divine. Will you be able to tell the difference? Probably, then again it could be the price tag making you believe it looks better. Are those super expensive high end waxes worth it? To some yes. Most others will think you're nuts. Even then a 200 dollar bottle of wax vs a 50 dollar bottle of wax isn't going to make your car look great. It's all the prep work. Removing contaminates, removing swirls, polshing the paint till its glossy. The good waxes run in the ball park of 50-300+ dollars a bottle. You're not going to find the good stuff at these super stores. You'll have to go to specialized auto detailing stores.

What's your budget?

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 1999 and the best wax I think I've ever used is Mothers. I use the 3 step system they have. And I use reflections in between waxes. I have used Meguiar's and Nano-wax on occasions but nothing brings it out like the Mother's does. Many people can't believe that its the stock paint and its 10 years old. Try the Reflections you'll love it. Auto-zone and Pep- boys have it. Hope that helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts