Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
That looks like the OEM honda tool, do you have a picture of it where it wont fit? What job are you trying to do that you need to remove the crank pulley?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my ckp/tdc sensor has to be changed, i guess i could just lower the engine by removing the driver side engine mount to have access

·
Registered
45 Posts
my ckp/tdc sensor has to be changed, i guess i could just lower the engine by removing the driver side engine mount to have access
I have the same tool. I had to remove the driver side engine mount and lower the engine to get the tool to fit. I used a 2x4 against the oil pan with a hydraulic jack underneath to lower the engine after removing the mount, then i used it to raise to engine to reinstall the mount. I was very careful not to push against the oil pan too hard.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ur right, I just changed timing belt 2 weeks ago and I had to lower the engine and supported it with a jack stand with a piece of wood to be able to turn that bolt loose

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I have the same tool. I had to remove the driver side engine mount and lower the engine to get the tool to fit. I used a 2x4 against the oil pan with a hydraulic jack underneath to lower the engine after removing the mount, then i used it to raise to engine to reinstall the mount. I was very careful not to push against the oil pan too hard.
I used this same method

1 - 9 of 9 Posts