Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where should I put my ZEX nitrous kit switch? I want it to be a relatively easy install for my mechanic, and any drilling needs to be in descrete places so when I get rid of the car it's not all hacked up. I was thinking about the space under the CC and sunroof buttons, but then that's got to be activated by taking my left hand off the steering wheel. Is the switch better if it's accessible with my right hand since my left is for steering? Any suggestions?

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

[This message has been edited by jmcn (edited April 24, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Get one of those shift knobs that has a button on them and hook that up.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Get one of those shift knobs that has a button on them and hook that up.</font>
i.e. an AT shift knob??

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CyberCivicSi:
hey i have question aboot grizzlies. there seems to be a couple mating behind the pine tree and they keep me up all night. what should i do. :D</font>

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Get one of those shift knobs that has a button on them and hook that up.
</font>
I'm a cheap bastard. What else can I do?

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
'97 Prelude Type-SH

jmcn.com

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3 hands...uh....then what hand do I shift with? lol

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
'97 Prelude Type-SH

jmcn.com

·
Registered
191 Posts
Why not re-wire the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel to activate the ZEX kit, this way nobody knows. Unless your dad takes your car out for a spin !!! hehehehe SURPRISE !

------------------
2000 Silver Lude
Toronto Prelude Club

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Probally your best bet would be to set it into a microswitch for when you're at WOT only.... but if you're just talking about the armed and not armed switch you can just place it in front of the shifter where the center dash meets the middle console since there is a gap there already to slide in connections and velcro it down. If you want stealth you can always run it down the center console on the driver's side and have it slide out somewhere along there where your legs won't hit it.

~Doug

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When the switch is armed, the computer still only feeds nitrous in at WOT.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
'97 Prelude Type-SH

jmcn.com

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I put my arming switch in the change box. I ran the wiring underneath the console and up into the change box so all I do is flip open the lid and hit the switch. It looks good especially at night cause my switch lights up red. By putting the switch there you have an unnoticable hole if you get rid of the car and if you really want you can just get a new change box(I'm sure they aren't that expensive). Good Luck

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
does this help?
this is not the final product by the way... i told u ill post pics by this week last week but its delayed so ull see the final touch me and ODL added to this pic next week....

this was all self made by the way with ODL. again it looks done but its not...

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 24, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BottleFedLude:
I put my arming switch in the change box. I ran the wiring underneath the console and up into the change box so all I do is flip open the lid and hit the switch. It looks good especially at night cause my switch lights up red. By putting the switch there you have an unnoticable hole if you get rid of the car and if you really want you can just get a new change box(I'm sure they aren't that expensive). Good Luck</font>
Thanks for the suggestion. I also thought about this, but removing the console is labor-intensive so it'd be out of the question.

Ng Luder's idea looks good except for the point vabeach_lude brought up about the popo. It's got to be conceeled. I think I've pretty much left only a couple places with all these constraints. I'll probably end up putting it underneath the dash below the steering wheel or on the console between the shifter and the bottom of the radio area.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
'97 Prelude Type-SH

jmcn.com

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
removing the console is labor-intensive</font>
are we talking about the center console where the coin box is?? it only takes like 5 mins to remove it doesn't it?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
I'm a cheap bastard. What else can I do?
</font>

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
jmnc... yea i thought about the popo too... but this is what u cant tell from the pic. that black piece is not attached on completely but fits in there really snug. what i can do is hold the red switch and pull it out easily. then i angle it and hit it inside that hole it was covering. all done with one hand and in like 3 secs...

the thing im still trying to figure out is that the flip switch is really tight. fliping it sometimes causes the plate to come loose due to the wipelash like force the switch creates when flipped. im still working on a way to completely have it stay there tight AND still be removalbe for hiding in the hole...

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
Originally posted by jmcn:
removing the console is labor-intensive</font>
are we talking about the center console where the coin box is?? it only takes like 5 mins to remove it doesn't it?

2 mins for me.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Be discreet about your installs. A nitrous gauge or switch is probable cause for any Police officer to search your vehicle. This means he will find your Nitrous bottle. This happened to two of my friends on the expressway after they were stopped for speeding.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Put it in the coin box...not that difficult.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

1 - 20 of 69 Posts