Honda Prelude Online banner

where to put cd changer??

2K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Snoopy_cool 
#1 ·
I just bought a cd changer and I have no idea where to put it...I try to put it under passanger sit but not enough room
then I try to put it at the top of the trunk and there are too many things in the way...

any suggestion?? can you guys post some pic.

#2 ·
I have mine standing straight up behind the right wheel - pretty common place and doesn't take up too much room. The glover compartment is a cool place if you don't mind lossing what little space is there and screwing around with it...

#3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 5Gen_Prelude:
I have mine standing straight up behind the right wheel - pretty common place and doesn't take up too much room. The glover compartment is a cool place if you don't mind lossing what little space is there and screwing around with it...</font>
I thought about mounting it there too but I see there are two black rubber stop....and I am not sure what they are for,,,,so I am affraid to put it there..

#4 ·
I'm assuming you're talking about behind the right rear wheel - if so it's not flush with the inside of the car, it's about 3-4 inches off (just enough room to put a can of tire shine stuff between the changer and the side of the car
) No digicam, but hi-tech ASCII coming at ya!

Top View of trunk:

\ /
| |Wheelwell
| |
__/ \__
| |
|CD Changer ->||
|______________|

Grrr...

[This message has been edited by 5Gen_Prelude (edited April 16, 2001).]

#8 ·
I have mine mounted on my subwoofer box.

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

chrism2097@yahoo.com

FOR SALE

#9 ·
were you trying to do this?

Code:
  \         /
  |         |Wheelwell
  |         |
__/         \__
|              |
|CD Changer ->||
|______________|

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 5Gen_Prelude:
I'm assuming you're talking about behind the right rear wheel - if so it's not flush with the inside of the car, it's about 3-4 inches off (just enough room to put a can of tire shine stuff between the changer and the side of the car
) No digicam, but hi-tech ASCII coming at ya!

Top View of trunk:

\ /
| |Wheelwell
| |
__/ \__
| |
|CD Changer ->||
|______________|

Grrr...

[This message has been edited by 5Gen_Prelude (edited April 16, 2001).]
</font>

#15 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ChrisM2097:
I have mine mounted on my subwoofer box.

</font>
I'd worry about the longevity of the changer mounted to the box. The vibrations from the box even if the unit is dampened quite good will no doubt cause it to fail before it's time.

BTW in my other thread you said you got Kappa's in the door and even though you cut metal you didn't need to. How much effort went into getting them in and how much power are you running to them?

#17 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:
Glovebox here
</font>
ODL, do you have any pics of it? Is it mounted or is it basically just in there? We tried it on my friends Integra and that was next to impossible without hacking away at jsut about everything, however our glove boxes look like they could fit one much better.

#18 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
ODL, do you have any pics of it? Is it mounted or is it basically just in there? We tried it on my friends Integra and that was next to impossible without hacking away at jsut about everything, however our glove boxes look like they could fit one much better.</font>
Mark I'll just show you mine. Me and ODL have the exact same setup.

#21 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snoopy_cool:
I try to put my cd changer into the glovebox but it doesn't fit..</font>
What kind of changer? ODL and JOON525 are using Pioneer...I'm sure my Alpine will fit because that's almost as small as you get. If your trying to get a 10 disc Kenwood in there that would be wayyyyy harder.

#22 ·
Snoopy- how many CD's does ur changer have?

I have a 6-disc and it fits under the passenger seat. I was sick of running to the trunk to change CD's from my other car.

BTW- u guys think my Changer will "breakdown" sooner from the road vibrations since it now sits on the floor of the car?

#23 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snoopy_cool:
I try to put my cd changer into the glovebox but it doesn't fit..</font>
I have the Alpine 6-disc changer, and it barely fits in there.

[This message has been edited by SteveV (edited April 17, 2001).]

#24 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SteveV:
I have the Alpine 6-disc changer, and it barely fits in there.

[This message has been edited by SteveV (edited April 17, 2001).]
</font>
Ditto

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.