Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not ready to spend $500 for a friggin' modest looking lip, so do you guys know where to find a replica of the Type-S lip?

Looking to spend around $200 or so shipped, if possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I think someone in this forum actually makes it.

i forgot who it was tho. try search, type s lip.

I think there's a CF one too.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, really? Ill have to look around.

I am going to go with the fiberglass replica, I really hope that I dont have any problems with it.

·
wasting my youth
1,349 Posts
Please keep us posted on the fiberglass rep and how it fits etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I got mine from 98Luder. Good fit. Looks SWEET.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greek Lude how much did you pay for yours?

98Luder's mailbox is full F*CK, I really wanted to hear back from him too. :mad:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Bro I really can't remember the price. But it was less than 300 Canadian for sure. I might be wrong however. So please don't say Greek Lude payed this much and yada yada cause I really can't remember.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah I know what youre saying. I am not going to quote your price at all, I was just curiuos so I have some idea about how much I should expect to pay thats all. Yours is fiberglass correct?

How has your experience so far been with it? I know that fiberglass is a bit cheaper than urethane. Is your car lowered too? I am on stock height now with no bodykit and I scrape on some curbs, etc.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
It's FB. I'm dropped. No problems what so ever.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Greek Lude said:
It's FB. I'm dropped. No problems what so ever.
Ouzo, in your sig picture it looks like you have an OEM lip only, no other kit parts - do I have that right?

Reason I ask is, I'm getting an OEM lip and I'll be putting it on with nothing else, and I was wondering how it would match up. Judging by your pic, it'll look pretty good.

Maybe with the more prominent stock "bodykit" on the SH, I won't need to get sides at all (OEM sides/rear in FBP weren't available)... :D

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First of all Greek Lude, how much are you dropped? To me it appears that youre only dropped what like an inch or so?

I will look into getting one from Hong Kong, appreciate the idea, thanks again.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is honestly not that complicated, I dont know what the problem is.

For a fiberglass front lip, it should be no more than $150, shipped. The friggin' OEM Honda lip is around $170 shipped, and that is obviously not fiberglass.

Does anyone know where I can find a CHEAP fiberglass Type-S lip?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'm dropped on H&R Sports and KYB AGX.

It is a Type S lip. Not OEM. The OEM without the other skirts makes it look like Jay Leno with 4 wheels IMHO.

hehe just doing a little showing of with the last one.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Greek Lude, any idea how high off the ground your front lip is? Because right now I am around 9 inches off the ground. So I dont want to get TOO low, after dropping probably on H&Rs or Eibachs (1.3-1.4").

How much lower is the type-s lip?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts