Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of waiting for a good imitation front bumper...where can I get the real mugen front bumper shipped to cali?

------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I've never seen a real one up close...is the grey area around the fogs/signals painted or is it metal like the vent thing by the hood? If not, what color should that portion be painted?

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude2k:
risin, has the real one and yeah it is metal inserts with a turn signal/jdm light cover.</font>
I'm almost 100% positive that the only thing that is aluminum on the Mugen front is the grill. The holes for the lights/turn signals are not made of aluminum but most people paint them that color cause that's what the Mugen prelude looks like.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool guys...thanks....

ya, can someone tell us with the real mugen front if the turn signal area is aluminum or did you paint it? If you painted it, did you just say "ya paint this part grey"?

thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try www.KingMotorsports.com they are the US distributor for Mugen. Also the Silver area around the grill and signal lights are "brush aluminum"! Thats the biggest difference between the real mugen and the fake besides the near perfect fit!

·
Registered
295 Posts
u should call king and see what the current price is their real price is less than what is on their site.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver
Mugen Body Kit

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by risin:
u should call king and see what the current price is their real price is less than what is on their site.

</font>
Risin, how long did it take you to get your real mugen bumper from the time that you ordered it??

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
Registered
295 Posts
it took king about 2 months for them to get the bumper to me. but i know of a guy that waited about 5 months for his kit. the weird thing is that i ordered my bumper after him but i got it a month before he did. i guess the bumper comes by boat and the rest of the kit comes by plane.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts