Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,186 Posts
Any automotive paint shop can mix it, that's probably how you'd have to get it in almost any case.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
^Wow, never even heard that. That's amazing! Even on production cars?
Sometimes can be two stage on lower quality jobs. But it's always a base coat, top coat, and pearl coat in addition to primer and clear coat.

You just cant mix the pearl with any of the other layers else you wont get the effect. The pearl is a semi translucent layer that modifies the behavior of whatever top coat is beneath it.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Premium white pearl is a three-stage paint and doesn't come "premixed" unless you want a ****ty outcome.
Was that directed at my comment of paintscratch.com? Because they know that and when you buy the gallon of base coat (white), they also include the correct amount of pearl mid-coat and I'm sure even have the option to sell clear coat as well. I bought 12oz spray cans off of them and when i purchased the diamond white pearl, it came with a can of base, a can of mid-coat and then I bought the clear coat separate.

Paintscratch also claims that they mix the paint when it's ordered, which means you won't receive some ****ty paint that has been sitting in a warehouse for months to years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
have you checked napa paint store, Sherwin williams?
sherwin williams wants a little more than 2500 for the premium white pearl because its a 3 stage..base..mid..and clear given you have already done the body work and primer. i know this because i called then for my 2000 prelude with the paint code NH-624p1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts