Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the Subject says...

Where can I buy a 9psi pulley? I plan on doing a setup like sharks, because the 6psi pulley sucks here at altitude.

Geramy

·
Registered
123 Posts
How is the ss holding on with the 9lb? are you concerned or are you treating it no different from 6lb?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Was upgrading it to 9lb make a signicant difference from the 6 lbs of boost? Was the hp power gain worth the extra spending? I'm guessing extra 2gs or so...

·
Premium Member
7,134 Posts
Well, it didn't cost me much more, because the only things I needed to do to support 9 psi was install an intake, the Kami header, and a full 2.5" exhaust system. This is because I upgraded to larger injectors and engine management during the initial installation of the JR kit. What I can tell you is that 9 psi makes a large difference over 6.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive already got the Intake, header, and exhaust, just want to find some injectors and engine management...I am thinking about going with the AEM ems. The shop I went to yesterday said that a friend of his had worked on the prelude with the SS that was using it and that he could hook me up with the base maps and install...I want to talk to him more and find out exactly what part of the ems they are using to control the tranny before I go spending that kind of money.

·
Premium Member
7,134 Posts
They won't be using any part of the EMS to control the tranny, the tranny computer takes care of that. The trick is to make sure that the tranny computer receives all the inputs it needs to function (other than the SEFI input line that it would receive from the stock ecu). As long as the tranny computer has the inputs it needs, I don't even see why hondata would not work. Though I wonder if torque converter lockup control works correctly without the stock ecu, if it works at all. With all that said, though, I am pleased with my PMS. Easy to tune, tranny functions properly, and I don't have my D4 light flashing at me all the time because of a missing stock ecu.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
shark what is PMS or what PMS are you using? where did you get it?

Please go to the dyno...i wanna see if there is hope to the SS at all.

I'm gonna get cams in the near future i'm hoping that will give me some extra HP for the daily driving. If not... then JRSC it is and i will be calling up on you to tell me what you got for your car... part for part... bolt for bolt. You are the only success here i think.

OFF TOPIC but.... anyone know if vortech was supose to come out with a SC for out cars or was that all BS.

·
Working as always
145 Posts
Geramy you can get them from PFI up in Ft. Collins too, I didnt get mine from him but I have miss placed mine that I bought from comorro so I might need to get a new one, let me know and I can see if they will give us a deal on two of them, I could get it and give it to you at the next meet or you could drive up to Ft Collins sometime.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah Talk to PFI. I would be interested especially if they can give us a deal on it. I would be more than willing to drive up to Ft. Collins, that way I could check out your ride and PFI.

Geramy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts