Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i waxed my 5th gen last month with Gold Class Car Wax.....so when should i wax it again...

also i live on a dirt road so i wash my car 2 sometimes even 3 times a week(7 day week)..if that helps any:D

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
every 2-3 months should be fine,when its dry,run your finger over the paint,if its squeeks,the wax is gone,if doesnt make a sound,just kinda smudges I guess you would say,then it still has wax on there

·
Vu Nguyen
3,506 Posts
Also, when you're washing your car.. the amount of water that just runs off of your car and it ends up "beading" up on top of your car shows you how much wax is still there. I hope I explained that right.

·
jon still has my hrt RIP
1,199 Posts
Wow you must have a lot of free time. :) I wash my car once every week or two, wax every two months. During the winter, I'll go three or four months before waxing it, simply because I don't like to stand outside in freezing weather.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i only have free time because i graduated from technical school in april and i dont start my job until june and it doesnt help that i live on a dirt road and i like to keep my car as clean as possible....ill still be washing it 2 or 3 times a week even when im working...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
vickmeister said:
Wow you must have a lot of free time. :) I wash my car once every week or two, wax every two months. During the winter, I'll go three or four months before waxing it, simply because I don't like to stand outside in freezing weather.
I hear that...

I went this winter without even washing it for like 6 months :mad:

·
ricersmakethebabyjesuscry
633 Posts
vooboo13 said:
Also, when you're washing your car.. the amount of water that just runs off of your car and it ends up "beading" up on top of your car shows you how much wax is still there. I hope I explained that right.
incorrect

beading =/= protection

just take a towel when your'e done washing your car and rub your car, if it squeaks you need another wax job

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wax mine at least once a month. And I wash it almost everyday... unless it's raining (although, I have washed it in the rain and then backed it in the garage to dry it off.) If you live on a dirt road and wash it several times a week... I would wax it every 4 or 5 weeks... and always claybar before you wax to make sure you get all the old crap off. I do the finger squeak thing too to check.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea im gonna wax mine every month

what can i use to take the wax off?

·
Registered
200 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
yea im gonna wax mine every month

what can i use to take the wax off?

A Clay bar. Get yourself a clay magic bar at your local wal mart. And then I recommend the meguiars 3 step process... paint cleaner, polish, carnauba wax. You can get it at any auto parts store.

·
Vu Nguyen
3,506 Posts
DjChowFun said:

incorrect

beading =/= protection

just take a towel when your'e done washing your car and rub your car, if it squeaks you need another wax job
Yeah, I'm not really sure how to explain it.. I think I'm just using the wrong words. Usually the way that the water looks tells me when I need to wax. I guess it's just my way of telling.. I wax my car a lot anyway. I don't really know the proper terminology to use that's all :p

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats funny my walmart(supercenter) doesnt carry claymagic:mad:

and im still looking for it

so i should get clay bar, meguiars cleaner wax, polish???(recommendations please) and Gold Class for wax????(well i already have gold class)

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my nearest autozone is way too far away....:mad:

·
Registered
200 Posts
so i should get clay bar, meguiars cleaner wax, polish???(recommendations please) and Gold Class for wax????(well i already have gold class)

Not cleaner wax... deep crystal paint cleaner... it's step#1 of the 3 step process. Then get the deep crystal polish... which is step #2 and then substitute step #3 with your gold class wax.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
I know exactly what you mean,I just washed,claybarred,and meguiars 3 stepped my car last sunday morning even though I knew it was gonna rain later that night,after it rained,there was so much water beads on my car,on the trunk was just a puddly,but it looked pretty cool

and check your pepboys for claymagic bar,I was surprised to see that they just started stocking them

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea my pepboys and autozone are very far away........

XLerate9, thanks for clearing that up for me!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts