Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with HPC, and surprise surprise, my turbo seals are all blown. They said that when they took it apart for coating, they noticed a lot of oil in there, and that all the seals were garbage.

He told me "man, I'm sorry to say this, but whoever sold you this kit screwed you big time- for about the same $, you could have bought new stuff.

So tack on another $350 for them to repair the seals, plus the $75 to reweld the cracked Kiwi= I GOT SCREWED!!!

I'd like to send it all back, but unfortunately, I'd be out a lot of money since I already paid for the HPC coating. They told me it should work pretty much like new after all the "fixing", so I am happy about that, but it just pisses me off that a fellow luder on HERE would do this to someone.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
ouch that sucks BIG TIME

who sold you the kit again?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hopefor13:
i wanna give malken head just for the hell of it.......</font>

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tai something or other...

[email protected] that's his email address

His username on here was "Turbo7spe"

Yeah, sucks I know- I'll just be glad when it's on, and when it works(if it works...)

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
That guy deserves a boot to the head for what hes done. Fvcker.

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
Wasn't that guy from SoCal, had a silver prelude w/ a mugen kit? At one time he was selling 5zigen copse rims??

Regardless, sorry to hear about the news spocko...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep- that's him- silver Lude with the Mugen kit. SoCal. If you see him(well, he sold his car and got a truck now), kick him in the head for me.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
sorry to hear about more problems.

that's definitely the risk of buying used turbo kits online. not that all are bad, but it's just such a risk.

whether is a blown turbo that needs a rebuild, or fins on the ic that are bent to crap, or a stuck wastegate that is malfunctional, missing parts. major headache.

hurry and get that thing on the road and you'll forget all about it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Damn! I give you a lot of credit for being as upbeat & patient as you are considering all the hoops you're having to jump through!

Which HPC coating did you end up going with? Those guys seem really good. One of their locations is here in a Suburb of Phoenix called Chandler and every time I've talked to them they were really helpful & knowledgable. In fact - the restored B-17 they have on their web site usually flys out of Falcon Field. Hard to miss that one buzzing over your house :p

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, I went through the Oklahoma branch of HPC, as they are the only ones who can do the HPC XTREME level coating(cost more but better). Yeah, I guess I figure- why be pissed- it's not going to get me any of my money back right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts