Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, dreadful question isn't it? I'll explain.
I'll wave goodbye to mine in about 8 months from now.
Reasons? Well first of all the laws are changing here in the UK. Briefly it will make it very difficult if not impossible for people to personally import cars (like I did with my Type S) from Japan. You'll be required to actually prove you've owned and driven the car in Japan for a minimum of 6 months So time is running out to do it again...
Also in the next couple of years me and my girlfriend are hoping to have a baby so a Prelude just isn't really practicle.
Now the good news! I'm planning on buying...
A Nissan Skyline R33!!!
I really wanted an NSX but 2 seats are no good + it would be a lot more expensive than a R33 and not nearly as much fun to modify.
I'll be really sad to see the Type S go, you gentlemen have made it seem so special to me when here in the UK nobody has ever even heard of it.
But lets share! Hows it go for you? When will you do the same...?

------------------

·
Registered
416 Posts
NEVER..

I'm on my third lude and am planning on keeping this one as long as possible. I really wanted to keep my first lude(93 si), my first car forever but car thieves had other ideas. Then I planned to do the same with my 2nd lude(97 typesh) and a guy had to do a hit and run.

Now I'm on my third, a 93 vtec and would like to drive it now and then when I'm a senior citizen.

I try to have the first model/trim of the first year. Let's see how this one goes. I'd really like to get another car so this one can rest at home. But having two cars is too much of a luxury for my tastes...not to mention no room in the garage(hell no i won't street park).

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by johnsoncranium:

hell no i won't street park.

</font>
Ha! Ha! good for you mate!
You should use that as your sig'!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mine's up for sale as we speak. I thought I'd have it till I run it into the ground, but getting married and the cost of living in the San Francisco Bay Area just doesn't allow me to keep it. I will continue to own a fast car though...but I am going to go the cheap route...'60s musclecar w/ completely built suspension so I don't have to miss taking freeway on/off ramps at 50+mph.

I pay WAY too much for this car anyways. $475 + $225 insurance every month!

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I think I'll be keeping the lude forever. As for another car, I'm probably gonna wait a few years and pick up a used NSX, Supra TT, S2000, or a IS300 (if it comes in stick).

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Tough to say. If I keep it as long as I'll be paying for it, well I've got another 4 years (and it's a 97). Also depends on how wealthy I get in the near future, like if I go back to school, or if I somehow land a really good paying job without getting a masters or something. Anyway, probably no less than 3 years, and by then, there might not be any point in trading it so I could have it as a weekend toy and keep mucking with it more and more w/out risking daily driving ability. And I WILL get the new Z when it's time to get a new car, children be damned!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gLudeous:
And I WILL get the new Z when it's time to get a new car, children be damned!</font>
He! He! You say that now...

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe I should say that to my girl...

G

·
With all the work I have put into mine, NEVER!!!!

Besides, it's a damn good chassis.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
713 Posts
When you pry it from my cold dead fingers...

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IXLR8:
When you pry it from my cold dead fingers... </font>
You going to leave it to me in your will???
Thats nice and we haven't even met!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Nah... Actually I'll leave it to my 9 mo old daughter who (you can tell your girl) fits perfectly in the back sitting in her car seat

Before she was born I was thinking the same thing as you... but really it's no big deal and IMO the child seat fits better in the Prelude than in our Chevy Suburban. It attaches weird in the Suburban and isn't nearly as secure... go figure...

·
Registered
825 Posts
not anytime soon. if anything i'll give it to my brother after i graduate and get me a Bimmer. this is my 3rd prelude too. 1st one was a red 94 S auto
, totaled it. 2nd was a white 92 S stick painted baby blue and sold it for a dope deal. only had to spit out another 6 grand for my new baby. 98 SH

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
do i even have to answer that?
NEVER!

i will definitely have new cars down the road, but the lude will never leave me.

kids? children?
what is that?
that'll be the day.. LOL

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
as much as i love my lude, the chances are im getting a newcar after i graduate from college in a few years...

im hoping whatever i get will be great enough to cover the sentimental value of my lude...

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
648 Posts
Maybe in a couple of years.. I really want a used NSX... who know's the new RSX may come here (here's hoping) with all the goodies and I may get one

------------------
Yum, VW GTIs for breakfast lunch and dinner...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Right now...
gotta buy a truck to tow the race cars...

------------------
BRacing
"Going faster since 1994"

"Drag racing is for those that can't steer"

1 - 20 of 39 Posts