Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a 15 x 8, +45mm offset wheel will fit the 5Gen? I know a 15 x 7, +45mm offset wheel will fit, and Tire Rack lists a 15 x 7.5 (SSR Competition) fitment for the ITR (so it should fit the 5Gen).

Anyway, I am really interested, so if anyone knows, I would appreciate it!

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,621 Posts
+45mm on an 8" wide wheel will stick out 1.14" more than stock - which would put the edges of your wheels protruding out beyond the fender lip by about 1/2".

Andrew
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,808 Posts
BUTTTT!!!!

Vwong, and now sadwap since vincent sold his heidfelds to him, was running 18x8 +44, and sadwap claims no rubbing and no fender modification....
go figure.
After seeing sadwap's car with the heidfelds...the rims don't stick out that much either...looks perfectly fine....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,125 Posts
I have 18x7.5 with 225/35 tires and a 45mm offset...they stick out about a 1/4-1/2 inch...so anyone running 18x8s with a 44mm offset and has lowered their car and experienced no rubbing is lying off their ass. the 15x8 will fit, but if you lower the rears will most likey catch fender depending on what tire width you get.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,428 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Does anyone know if a 15 x 8, +45mm offset wheel will fit the 5Gen? I know a 15 x 7, +45mm offset wheel will fit, and Tire Rack lists a 15 x 7.5 (SSR Competition) fitment for the ITR (so it should fit the 5Gen).

Anyway, I am really interested, so if anyone knows, I would appreciate it!

</font>
Well, I would assume that you're gonna put 225/50R15 race tires on, right? Well, they may rub since you're cornering hard. How low is your car? I know that your springs are pretty stiff, so that will help a bit. I think they should be ok.

Like ODL said, my Heidfelds (now they're SADWAP's) were 18x8 44mm offset. My car was lowered 3" and rolling on 225/40 tires when I first bought the rims. They rubbed a lot so I had to modified the fenders, they still rubbed slightly but not always. Then when I put on 225/35 tires, no more rubbing. Now they're on SADWAP's car with only 1.3" drop, no fender mods, no rubbing on his car. So I say it depends on the contruction of the tires.

------------------
Vincent
98 TypeSH
99 GSR Sedan
CSCC SoloII #107 STS
Team Vision
AIM: vwong107
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,428 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
I have 18x7.5 with 225/35 tires and a 45mm offset...they stick out about a 1/4-1/2 inch...so anyone running 18x8s with a 44mm offset and has lowered their car and experienced no rubbing is lying off their ass. the 15x8 will fit, but if you lower the rears will most likey catch fender depending on what tire width you get.</font>
I don't think I need to lie, just ask most of the SoCal people. They've seen my car, ODL even sat in my car when I took him for a ride at the fwy on ramp, hard cornering with 3 people in the car, no rub at all.

And when I sold my rims to SADWAP, I sat in his car for a ride (of course with the rims on) before he drove away, no rubbing again. So if you think that we're "lying off our asses", why don't you just get your ass over here in SoCal and see it for yourself.


------------------
Vincent
98 TypeSH
99 GSR Sedan
CSCC SoloII #107 STS
Team Vision
AIM: vwong107


[This message has been edited by vwong (edited April 15, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by vwong (edited April 15, 2001).]
 

·
retired
Joined
·
7,431 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
..so anyone running 18x8s with a 44mm offset and has lowered their car and experienced no rubbing is lying off their ass.</font>
i don't rub, and i'm not lying



------------------
97 Black Lude, 5spd
AIM: SADWAP97
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,125 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vwong:
Well, I would assume that you're gonna put 225/50R15 race tires on, right? Well, they may rub since you're cornering hard. How low is your car? I know that your springs are pretty stiff, so that will help a bit. I think they should be ok.

Like ODL said, my Heidfelds (now they're SADWAP's) were 18x8 44mm offset. My car was lowered 3" and rolling on 225/40 tires when I first bought the rims. They rubbed a lot so I had to modified the fenders, they still rubbed slightly but not always. Then when I put on 225/35 tires, no more rubbing. Now they're on SADWAP's car with only 1.3" drop, no fender mods, no rubbing on his car. So I say it depends on the contruction of the tires.

</font>
then can you explain why i rub at stock height with 18x7.5 rims and 225/35 tires? I don't see how they could clear the fender in the rear unless one, you don't have a 44mm offset or two, you dialed in a neg camber in the rear. I'm not making any personal attacks, just very curious as to how your setup could work when everyone else i've talked to can't make it work.
 

·
retired
Joined
·
7,431 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
then can you explain why i rub at stock height with 18x7.5 rims and 225/35 tires?</font>
good question, i have no idea. ask vwong
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,428 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
then can you explain why i rub at stock height with 18x7.5 rims and 225/35 tires? I don't see how they could clear the fender in the rear unless one, you don't have a 44mm offset or two, you dialed in a neg camber in the rear. I'm not making any personal attacks, just very curious as to how your setup could work when everyone else i've talked to can't make it work.</font>
how much of rubbing do you have? Did you remove the black rubber linings at the rear? I don't see why yours are rubbing since our suspension (whether it's stock or modded), there will be negative camber under compression. What kinda rims do you have? And what kinda tires? I don't know, like I said, the rubbing also depends on the construction of the tires as well. The same size tire of different manufacturers have different widths.

Before I put my rims on SADWAP's car, I thought they were gonna rub too. But when we went for a drive, I didn't hear anything being rubbed. I was a bit surprised too, but it's the fact.

Here's a pic of my car with the Heidfelds on, at this angle, it's clearly showing that my rims weren't sticking out, instead they were tucked in. BTW, this was with a 3" drop.



------------------
Vincent
98 TypeSH
99 GSR Sedan
CSCC SoloII #107 STS
Team Vision
AIM: vwong107


[This message has been edited by vwong (edited April 16, 2001).]
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top