Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yesterday my engine started making this tapping, ticking noise. I checked the oil, and there wasn't a drop in there. I added some oil and the problem went away. Then last night the radiator just blew up. The car was over heating as I babied it home.
My friend blew up his I belive D-15 in his EM2, and says my car is going through all the same symptoms. Does anyone have any ideas about it?
Anthing will help. Thanks.
Oh and I drive a 1997 Prelude.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Boy, that sure sounds like an overheated engine -- to the point of cracking it. You may want to closely inspect it for a hairline crack somewhere. Other than that, I'd have it towed to a garage. Sorry I couldn't be more help....

·
Registered
12 Posts
first the ticking noise is from u r rod bering(cause there is no oil to lub them so they make noise) that's why when you add oil the noise is gone for the radiator blew up check the radiator first see if there is any coolant leaking out if there is no sight of any leaking then you got a big problem= = then check the remain coolant in you radiator if the coolant turn in to milky color cause by the oil entering in your cooling system(sometime they don't change color they just keep loosing coolant have someone do the cooling system pressure test is the best way to find out the problem) then you have crack hade or blow head gasket my suggestion is towed to garage cause u need lot of tool to check out what's really going on at your engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts