Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know the pounds the stock battery in 5th gen weighs and what is a good lighter weight substitute for it. thank you.

( one that is light weight and looks nice is what i really want )

-kevin

·
Registered
219 Posts
Heavy

Holley Annihilator Dry-Cell. It's small as hell and has a cool hold down. I have it in my car.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
where can you get one? do any of the standard loser parts stores (kragen, grand, pep boys) have them?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alberttien:
Heavy

Holley Annihilator Dry-Cell. It's small as hell and has a cool hold down. I have it in my car.
</font>

·
Registered
825 Posts
stay away from an Optima battery, that thing weighs more than my car

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
Why would you want to get a smaller battery? Dont you like not having to buy one for years? Dont you like not having to worry about any electrical accessories on your car? Dont you like not having to worry about will my car start tonight or in the cold? Just to save a few pounds?

------------------
If you only knew the power of the Lude...
'98 Red Base Prelude
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - SCCA Solo2
AEM CAI, APEX-i VAFC, Neuspeed Ft Up Strut Bar, 28 mm Neuspeed RR Sway Bar, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, and SH RR Deck installed. Shock knock cure done. Installing Quaife ATB Differential.

·
SuperMod
7,963 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Luder:
Why would you want to get a smaller battery? Dont you like not having to buy one for years? Dont you like not having to worry about any electrical accessories on your car? Dont you like not having to worry about will my car start tonight or in the cold? Just to save a few pounds?

</font>
You're right. I need a *HUGE* battery. Or two

·
Registered
219 Posts
ummm... The Holley can be gotten at Summit. It also lasts 4 times longer than a regular wet-cell battery.

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pter:
You're right. I need a *HUGE* battery. Or two
</font>
Yeah, youre right guys, I mean, think of how much it kills that 1/4 mile time....

------------------
'98 Red Base Prelude
AEM CAI, APEX-i VAFC, Neuspeed Ft Up Strut Bar, 28 mm Neuspeed RR Sway Bar, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, and SH RR Deck installed. Shock knock cure done. Installing Quaife ATB Differential.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i got mine because I relocated it to the trunk. It was in the way of the intake for my turbo. Once in the trunk, it was too heavy for the battery box and would start to rip out of the mountings. For the lighter battery and no probs since

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
Well thats a legit reason...

------------------
'98 Red Base Prelude

G

·
Not if you get an absorbed mat sealed battery. Don't put a lead acid battey in your trunk unless it's vented. Lead acid batteries DO give off toxic fumes.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
951 Posts
To answer the question, the battery is between 40 and 45 pounds. The optima weighs almost exactly what our stock battery does.

G

·
I want to try the Odyssey PC625, not a powerful battery (although it is for its size). Not something I would recommend for daily driving, but it's only 14 lbs.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
worth converting my front engine battery into a rear using a absorbed mat sealed battery? any benefits or just the benefit of makin the engine bay look a lil cleaner? thanx

also if you can throw up a url to a web-site with a absorbed mat sealed battery that would be great. thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
well of course our cars do have most of the weight in the front of them, so by moving the battery to the rear of the car you are helping to improve the weight distribution of the car, albeit not that much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts