Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New here.

I got involved to get a clue on the wife's 01 Prelude. I have no clue what I have save the DOHC and the tiptronic. She says we have a european trim level and can't find the OE trim, lenses, head lamp and tail lamps lenses, dealer, forums, or otherwise.

I need OE or some good OE quality headlamps and projectors. Can anyone shed some light?

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
hondaautomotiveparts.com

·
herbivore
1,579 Posts
I know Depot makes replacement headlights, which apparently are top-notch quality pieces.

Do a search (on this site) on the auto-transmission. They are plagued with horrible reliability and will almost inevitably fail before reaching 200k miles, usually in the early/mid 100k range if not babied, sometimes even earlier than that. On the bright side, 5spd swaps are fairly commonplace and there is a significant knowledge-base on how to do those yourself.

Watch oil consumption, the H-series motor is notorious for burning oil, depending on the age/condition of the engine. Honda says 1 quart lost in 800+ miles is acceptable :rolleyes:

European trim? Lets see some pics! I'm guessing you have the light in the rear bumper, no?

·
...under an umbrella
1,489 Posts
Welcome to the board. Where are you from? (Thought I'd ask...so as to save Dan some time) ;)

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
The good aftermarket headlights are made by Depo, not Depot.

·
herbivore
1,579 Posts
If you want some nice projectors for her lude, a member here will use your old lenses (I think he cleans them up a lot) or the Depo lenses and do a plug n play projector set for you. He's done numerous preludes on this forum; everyone seems to be happy with theirs

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
Okay. Now I'm confused...

Join date under your name says January 09. Join date in your profile says 05-18-2002. Your older posts link to the s/n 'Crash11'.

hmmmm.... Welcome or um.... welcome back! :wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts