Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i know the stock o2 sensor(s) arent the most accurate things in the world. But how inaccurate are they? My turbo timer reads the o2 signal and shows you a calculated a/f ... would it be accurate enough for me to tune it ... to just minimize my fuel problem. I would obviously fine tune on a dyno, i just want to get as much of it out before i have to start paying someone.

I'm trying to score a j&s ... waiting on my state tax return to be delivered. Does that come with a wideband or is the sensor seperate?

·
Registered
928 Posts
no way dont risk it those things are wayyyyy they can be 2 points off i seen one say rich and it was reading 13.5 with a lambda spend the money and get a DIY WB kit

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
It's already been mentioned that the J&S Safeguard has nothing to do with the O2 sensor or a/f sensing.

What is it that you're actually tuning? Standalone, or some FMU setup....?

I managed to make a driveable tune from scratch with a stock O2 sensor, but it wouldn't get me far. You definitely cannot properly tune the car with one, no matter how much the gauge tries to correct the innacuracy of the sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts